This weeks train off trick

Dekka

Just try me..
Hey all!

This weeks trick is to get your dog to close door(s) and get it on film :)

Any door you want, any command you want. No luring.

What day should this close? Next mon night?

On your mark get set......Train!

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
darnit... i don't have any way to film :(

unless someone knows how to make a Nikon D60 film because I sure don't know how

Lissa

No fair, Dodger already does this!
I can't wait to watch the progress though:popcorn:
Sorry if I missed a previous thread on this - is the idea that people post shaping vids until they get the final behaviour??

Dekka

Just try me..
*Mafia the identity thief here*

No. We only want the final product posted then it gets voted on when the end of the week comes. Doesn't matter how you trained it.. just that you can get the dog to do the behaviour in the set time limit.

Original thread is 'train off' in the training forum discussing this if you wanna check it out.

Lissa

:DThanks MP!

Too bad, I love watching dog-handlers learn but after reading the other thread, I get that this is more like an end result competition!

I can't think of any door/cupboard/closet that Dodger can't already close so I will have to wait for the next trick!

Good luck everyone!

adojrts

lol this sounds like fun, I'll have to see if Laura will help me post the video.
Now I don't have a problem with training them to close a door, BUT I am NOT going to teach any JRT to open them!!! I already have one dog that does that and he's pretty darn slick at it too lol.

I can't wait to do this. Maggie the boston terrier already knows it but I have 3 more dogs. I think it's Lucy's turn she is my fastest learner.

Oh jeesh, thanks to this thread I have some terrible claw marks on my bedroom door now. :rolleyes:

You can bet Pit and I will be making a video soon!

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I don't have a video camera, which sucks because this is turning out really funny.

And no matter how many times I see this thread title, I always read it as "this week's train wreck"

Maxy24

The is not going as I'd hoped :rolleyes: I get the dog who's deathly afraid of the sound the door makes when it closes *sigh* now I'm just trying to get her to go back near the thing lol. Can I enter a cat instead (JK though I might teach Willie anyways.)

Members online

No members online now.