What is the worst dog food you've ever fed to your dog(s)?

MPP

petperson
I fed mine Science Diet dry and Purina canned because the vet told me they were the best. :eek: Then I learned better. Now we're using TOTW.

Way back when, I inherited a lab/dobe mix from a dear friend. She was the greatest animal lover ever, but she had no money. She fed whatever was cheapest. When I got Josh, he went on Science Diet, which was head and shoulders above what he used to get. What a difference! When I first got him and had his nails clipped, they were HOLLOW! Nothing inside. It was uniquely horrible, and it came from poor nutrition, as did his poor coat and refusal to eat. Three months later, he was glossy, his nails were normal, and he ate enthusiastically.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I fed Sawyer Iams when I very first got him, because it's what I had fed my old dog and she did really well on it. This was also before P&G bought out Iams and turned into the garbage that it is today.

From Iams, we went to Royal Canin to Innova to EVO to Nature's Variety INSTINCT to prey-model raw.

Paige

Let it be
Alpo, Beneful and Safeway's generic brand. Bandit's teeth were in really rough shape at 15months old from that crap and he had to have some extreme dental work done.

milos_mommy

Something about childhood dogs living a long, healthy life on low quality foods...

I strongly believe dog food was not made the same way 20 years ago (or even 10 or 15 years ago) as it is today...my guess is there were a lot more healthy, real, less processed ingredients back then...dog food companies have found ways to cut corners since then, I'm assuming. I'd like to actually find out how that's changed over the years...

Brattina88

Something about childhood dogs living a long, healthy life on low quality foods...

I strongly believe dog food was not made the same way 20 years ago (or even 10 or 15 years ago) as it is today...my guess is there were a lot more healthy, real, less processed ingredients back then...dog food companies have found ways to cut corners since then, I'm assuming. I'd like to actually find out how that's changed over the years...
I 100% agree & I'm interested in the change as well.
I think that was before some cheapo man decided that he could use carcasses... beaks, feathers & fur and CORN to save some $$$ and still charge the consumers the same price... But, thats just my honest opinion ;)

Members online

No members online now.