Urinating pure blood

S

Squishy22

Is there anyway you could chip in for the exam fees and then have Brandon pay you back?
Great idea, but I am unemployed. I'm a full time student trying to get my schooling finished. I have no money saved myself, ughhh that sounds horrible. Brandons money is pretty much my money.

I will figure out how to get her dog to the vet somehow. I am going to have a talk with brandon to see if he will pay for it tomorrow, even though the money he has is supposed to be for the car that desperately needs a new starter.

Reggin - I don't like to tell you this, but my Bear started passing bright red blood in his urine. I got him to the vet first thing the next morning. I'd lost him within 48 hours :( He was quite elderly for such a large dog (110 lbs) - at least 14, maybe older, but he'd been the picture of health immediately before that.

bubbatd

I feel at such a loss here !!! I have plenty of credit on my card for any emergencies as I pay off every month . This should an eye opener to many !! Get a card and charge only what you would pay cash for , then pay it off. I opened a joint card with EliN when she went to college . It had a limit of $500. Through the years the limit is now $8000.! She never used it , but with me charging here and there it sure helped her credit ! It's peace of mind for me as I could never come up with that amount of cash for an emergency . I would have a month to sell something or bollow against my home .

S

Squishy22

Reggin - I don't like to tell you this, but my Bear started passing bright red blood in his urine. I got him to the vet first thing the next morning. I'd lost him within 48 hours :( He was quite elderly for such a large dog (110 lbs) - at least 14, maybe older, but he'd been the picture of health immediately before that.
OMG! What was it that he had? Thats very scary.

My mother just lost her husband of 15 years last jan. Her dog is her life. She would be devastated if her dog died.

She is not being responsible at all. Just the other month she got 200 bucks from a cash advance website just for extra spending money and cigarette money. I dont think she paid them back when she got paid. Now a REAL emergency comes along and she has no way of getting any money. She gets under my skin!!!

Her dog is also going blind and def, but refuses to take her to the vet for any of it. She keeps saying that she will do it next pay day, but she never does. Please note that her dog is only 5 and a toy breed. Today she told me that about a year ago her dog was peeing a little blood, but decided not to take her to the vet at all because it "cleared up on its own". Now that kind of pi$$ed me off.

S

Squishy22

I feel at such a loss here !!! I have plenty of credit on my card for any emergencies as I pay off every month . This should an eye opener to many !! Get a card and charge only what you would pay cash for , then pay it off. I opened a joint card with EliN when she went to college . It had a limit of $500. Through the years the limit is now $8000.! She never used it , but with me charging here and there it sure helped her credit ! It's peace of mind for me as I could never come up with that amount of cash for an emergency . I would have a month to sell something or bollow against my home .
My mom has a huge spending problem. She Blew 80 grand in about 6 months and has NOTHING to show for it. Dont ask me how thats even possible. Plus she even pawned off her own wedding ring for money. Not to mention my little sisters play station when she was younger.

End of my rant, lol. It just REALLY gets to me sometimes.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Oh Reggin I am so sorry you have to deal with this.

BUT..... and I hate to say this because that poor animal is suffering but.... it is your mothers responsibility. YOU have a bigger responsiblity coming up. Brandon cannot risk losing his job over this. You need to save YOUR money for your own. I'm sure that is going to be an unpopular view point here but with a baby on the way you can't risk it.

it is terrible of your mom to even put you in such a position. and I think you should tell her that. I hope your mom gets her act together and does what she needs to do.

S

Squishy22

Oh Reggin I am so sorry you have to deal with this.

BUT..... and I hate to say this because that poor animal is suffering but.... it is your mothers responsibility. YOU have a bigger responsiblity coming up. Brandon cannot risk losing his job over this. You need to save YOUR money for your own. I'm sure that is going to be an unpopular view point here but with a baby on the way you can't risk it.

it is terrible of your mom to even put you in such a position. and I think you should tell her that. I hope your mom gets her act together and does what she needs to do.
My baby is my FIRST responsibility and I know brandon feels the same way. Risking him losing his job over this is a VERY scary thing, but yet I am supposed to sit here and see her dog go through this pain. I am in such a horrible position. Its a lose lose situation, but as I said before... my baby is number one!

Ok, now an update on her dog. I just found out that she gave her dog a piece of a chocolate cookie last night. Could that cause bloody urine? I know chocolate is toxic, but she says she only fed her a tiny bit. Also, her dogs stool looks funky too. Its covered with mucus. Very gooey and soft.

malmo

Here to learn
This might not be a popular opinion either, but it really is not fair of your mom to rely on you all the time to pull her out of emergencies, any more than it is fair for you to rely on her. I mean, family is family. But, it sounds like your mom has wasted all of her good will already.

Still I am like you and can't imagine just sitting by to let the poor dog suffer. I don't know your whole story (although congratulations on the new baby-to-be) but it sounds like you are trying to keep your priorities straight in the best way possible.

What I would hope is that your mom can work something out directly with the vet. The vet will be able to impose much steeper consequences for her non-repayment (interest, credit dings, whatever) than you will, and it will be left to her to take care of it. I know nothing of the veterinary business, but I would hope that there is some sort of protocol in place to handle this type of situation. Some sort of payment plan deal where the dog can get her needs met and mom still be responsible for payment.

Anyway, I don't know you guys personally so take it with a grain of salt. It just seems like sometimes we end up feeling obligated to clean up other people's messes when there are better systems in place.

Poor dog. I've been thinking about her all night... Hopefully it is something simple and cheap and easy. Hopefully.

taratippy

Im sure this will be even less popular! I feel for your situation, it must be horrible to watch the dog suffer but he really does need to go to a vet asap however the money gets paid.

However I would also say once this problem is cleared up and I hope it does get cleared up - quite frankly the dog should be rehomed to someone who will look after it and care for its medical needs.

S

Squishy22

Her dog seems to be doing pretty good. There is still blood in her urine though. She isn't showing any signs of pain when she urinates, but you really never know. My mom plans on calling the vet again today. I talked to my boyfriend about this last night and he pretty much said that he is not going to risk losing his job when he has a baby on the way very soon. He refuses to give her any money until he gets paid again, and I agreed with him after thinking about the situation for hours. I feel like its my responsibility to get the dog to the vet, but my unborn is my number one priority. This is very hard, and I know that I will be blaming myself if anything happens to her dog. But, with that said, I know I would feel even worse if my boyfriend loses his job and ends up having no way to support our child.

I agree that her dog should be with someone who can support her better, but this dog has MAJOR aggression problems. She tries to attack anyone and everyone. It would be irresponsible to put a very aggressive dog into another home. She would most likely be sent to the pound and put to sleep.

adojrts

Is this dog spayed?? Unless I missed it. Could she be in heat???
And if the dog is fixed and nobody has the funds to care for it, then for the dogs sake drop it off at the HS, they at least will get it vet care and find it a home that will be responsible for the animal.

bubbatd

Reggin ....This cannot be easy on your mom . She lost her husband , your Dad , in January and you announced your pregnacy soon after . Are you still living under her roof and if so , what is your contribution ?? What are your and Brian's plans .Don't you have younger siblings living at home ?? On top of all this is a dog suffering . I'd be a basket case if I was your Mom !!!

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
I know this dog means a lot to your mom, but she just has to get vet care, even if it means she has to give her up. It could be something simple (though painful) or something serious and she could lose the poor girl anyway. :(

Herschel

Is this dog spayed?? Unless I missed it. Could she be in heat???
And if the dog is fixed and nobody has the funds to care for it, then for the dogs sake drop it off at the HS, they at least will get it vet care and find it a home that will be responsible for the animal.
That's what I was thinking...

S

Squishy22

Reggin ....This cannot be easy on your mom . She lost her husband , your Dad , in January and you announced your pregnacy soon after . Are you still living under her roof and if so , what is your contribution ?? What are your and Brian's plans .Don't you have younger siblings living at home ?? On top of all this is a dog suffering . I'd be a basket case if I was your Mom !!!
We share a place which means we split the rent and bills down the middle, otherwise she wouldn't be able to afford the place she is living at. I have a 15 year old younger sis. Brandon and I are moving out as soon as the lease is up. We cannot move out until then, because like I said... she cant afford this place on her own. She is going to find a cheaper place when we move. Its not like I am living off of her. No way would I do such a thing. She doesn't pay for my food either. Just to clear things up.

I know this is not easy on her. She loves her dog more than anything. she should have been more responsible with her money.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Squishy22

Hows this dog doing? When he piddles does the blood come late when almost finished or the whole time? Does the dog display pain when you wrap your hands firmly around his loins?
I will have to ask my mom about the blood, because I am not too sure if it has changed since yesterday. She doesn't display any kind of pain. She was actually playing with reggin today which surprised the heck out of me.

To everyone that suggests giving her up. I have said this before, but I guess I will say it again. Her dog is VERY aggressive with people. It would be very irresponsible to place her in a home where she could hurt someone. If she is taken to the pound she will be put to sleep because you cannot rehome dangerous dogs. Her life would be ultimately ended if my mother was to get rid of her. I am not kidding when I say she is aggressive. She has chased people down the street before, and she has also attacked me and my mom when we force her to go into a crate when visitors come over.

GlassOnion

Thanks, and Gig 'em.
Well here's an even more unpopular suggestion: euthanasia. It's obvious your mother can't care properly for it. You can't give it away. The dog may die of the illness. You can't spare money to take care of it, nor should you.

I know it sucks to watch the dog be in pain but your boyfriend cannot risk his job over the dog. Your baby and ya'lls well being HAS to come first. Dogs, while great creatures, aren't above human life in most instances. So it's going to have to be either the dog goes, ya'll find some other source of money (a family member or something, which you've already said wouldn't do it), or ya'll risk your baby being born into a very hard situation. It's a game of evils and there's no real way to win.

All you can do is either see if the vet will be very generous in working something out or get rid of the dog. You can't risk you and your baby on a dog. It's not logical.

Anyhow, is the blood bright red or a darkish red in color? That can help in determining where it's coming from as well (intestinal bleeding vs bladder bleeding).

Members online