Help find Kharma's little buddy

Our neighbor, Herbie, took Stanley the Lab puppy up to Frankfort, Indiana (near Indianappolis) with about three weekends ago when he went to the vintage races. They were staying with a friend, and Stanley got out and got lost.

Our dogs miss him terribly, especially Kharma, and to tell the truth, I miss the little bugger, too.

If anyone lives in that area and knows of a 4 1/2 month old black Lab puppy that is new in the neighborhood, please see if he answers to "Stanley." Even if someone has taken him in and has no intention of relinquishing him, I'd just like to know he's okay, and I'll be glad to tell them about him. He's going to be a real character when he's grown, and he's been drinking milk replacer with the girls every morning and running and playing with them, so he's also going to be an extremely strong, athletic and active Lab. He's also been taking "hunting lessons" with Bimmer, so he may REALLY be a hunting dog. He's probably completely ruined for retrieving, since one of Bimmer's rules is you eat what you kill. He's even tried his paw at herding cows.

It's pitiful to see Kharma and Shiva go sit and stare at Herbie's mobile home, just waiting for Stanley to come out and play.

MEG126

aww that makes me so sad picturing your doggies sitting around looking for stanley. :( best of luck in finding him and i hope he's ok. we'll pray for his safe return!

MEG126

did they ever find the puppy?? i was reading other posts and remembered reading about stanley and herbie... :(

No word on Stanley yet. I miss the little bugger every time I drive up the driveway. He was always the first to greet me when I came home, sitting in his front yard, just waiting or playing with a toy he'd carried home from our house. As soon as the car got even with him, he'd charge up the yard beside the driveway at full speed, slide under the bottom wire of the fence, and follow my car to the house, running as hard as he could with that huge Lab puppy grin of his. He was always as glad to see me as my own dogs, wiggling and squeaking in excitement while I petted him and cuddled him and told him what a little love he was. He'd cavort up the sidewalk to the door with me, quivering and shaking in anticipation as I reached for the door knob that would magically release his bestest buddies.

MEG126

awww! it must be a big change for you and your dogs for stanley not to be around right now- hope someone will find him soon or some nice family will find him and take him in and love him as much as herbie and y'all do. keep us posted!

Thanks, all of you. I'm afraid Stanley's probably gone for good. I only hope that someone took him in and gave him a good home. He's gonna be a handful, though, since he's used to running with these big dogs on the farm, wrestling and hunting and splashing in the mud. Getting Kharma to drink her milk replacer in the mornings is a real chore without Stanley, too. She doesn't really crave it like the other dogs have, and competing with Stanley made her drink more of it. Now I have to stand there and beg her to drink more while I'm fending Shiva off after she's polished off her bowl.

iky

I'm sorry to hear about Stanley, I hope that he is with a good home, with people who love him and appriciate him!

Members online

No members online now.