The 'what's your thing' thread's evil twin.......

Taqroy

Looking for/dealing with ticks and fleas (mostly ticks). I enjoy grooming and while I don't LIKE picking up poop I don't mind it either. But I'm stressing over flea/tick preventative and whether or not to get the Lymes vaccine and constantly checking him over for ticks. I just wish ticks would all die.
I have a solution for this: move to Colorado. :p Seriously, I've never seen a tick or a flea here. I'd be sad if we had to move and deal with preventative and all that crap. I remember living in Nebraska and helping my dad pull ticks off his Chessie all the time - oh, and the time I woke up and found one BURIED IN MY NECK. *shudder* I hate ticks.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
- Poop pick up duty.
but living in the city, not doing it a non option. The poop patrol (otherwise known as: A. the people at the park who consider it their personal job to TELL YOU to pick it up and B. the guy whose actual job it is) WILL call you out on it. Plus, it keeps the park clean so necessary evils

- Fleas/ticks.
To use spot on.. to not use. Neem spray, tick checks, flea checks.. ugh. WHY!?!?

- Blowdrying.
I don't mind bathing to dogs. I DO MIND what I must do after.. ugh my moms bichon alone takes FOREVER
. I need to invest in a dog dryer.

- Raw diet preparing.
The moments where I wish I would just be OK with feeding kibble. It's meat, it's gross, it involves scales and little ziplock bags and touching things! YAK!!

Bigpoodleperson

Megan and Draco
I too hate preparing the raw food. :) Poop pickup doesnt really bother me that much, but obiously its not my favorite thing. I hate hate hate drying the poodles! I dont really mind the rest of the grooming, but OMG the drying! Doesnt stop me from getting another though... ;) We dont have a muddy yard, so that isnt really an issue. I do hate all the snow balls on the legs though! And I hate burrs/stickies/ticks when we go hiking/tracking.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Haha agreed with the raw diet. Juno doesn't eat raw anymore so it's kind of a moot point. But I hated playing butcher and getting everything chopped up and weighed and into bags. Yuck. My cat eats raw but his is ground, so it's not as messy and complicated but it still involves thawing and spooning everything into tupperware. And then the intense frustration that comes along when you realize you have nothing thawed out for them to eat today. I love the benefits of raw but I won't argue about how convenient kibble is lol.

Teal

...ice road...
I pretty much like everything yall hate lol go figure!

I LOVE feeding time! Dremeling nails is bonding time... the dogs lay in my lap for it. Poop duty I don't mind at all, though it takes FOREVER because we have acreage and while the dogs have certain spots they go, they're ALL over so I'm tromping about everywhere.

One of the reasons I want to feed raw is the preparation! I just have a thing for raw meat :p

My dogs all enjoy getting baths, and I enjoy getting them all shiny and clean.

Hmmmm...

OH! I KNOW!

Doing dog laundry! I hate having to pre-rinse everything with the hose, wait for it to dry, THEN wash it. If I had my own washer/dryer, I wouldn't care... but the other folk on the ranch don't like the machines to get full of dog hair.

Doberluv

I don't actually hate Dremeling. It is a bonding time. I just put it off because I know it will take about 15 minutes per dog and I do my son's dog too. They all behave fine and they love the treats they get. So, I don't know...I don't really hate it. I just sort of tend to put it off till Mañana for some reason. I sit Indian style on the floor and after 45 minutes, I can hardly stand up straight again. LOL.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Yeah, I hate cutting nails. I only hate it because she hates it so much and makes the abused, tortured woe face the entire time.

In a broader sense of hatred, but one I don't actually do on my own dog? Anal glands. **** anal glands.

Walks. Isn't that horrible? I just hate taking walks. I don't mind going to the park, hiking, or anything that can involve ball throwing or exploring but a mindless walk around a neighborhood?
THIS! We are without a yard now (counting the minutes until we can move!) and while I love hikes I hate taking them out on walks. There are just so many stupid people and not so nice off-leash dogs it's infuriating! I am also not a nighttime person so I dread the 10pm walk, although I am exceedingly glad the little one is house trained so there is no more 12am walks, thank God. On the plus side the constant walks on the pavement keep their nails super short!

I also hate flea and tick medication. I hate having to use it I was spoiled for years out in the country never really having to use it. It doesn't help that I terrify myself reading about all the side effects. However fleas are horrid in the city and the ticks are 100x worse than usual this year at my parents house in the country so I have no choice.:( Bummer.

Lol I love grooming!I don't even need to do much since Coco is pretty clean,she loves getting dried with the hairdryer and she lets me clip her nails!
I hate having to find someone for her to stay with,it's TOO hard,I worry too much.
I'm also not that into "playing",I love walking her,taking her to the park training...but playing...eek kinda grinds me down.I do it,but my hearts not always in it.
Poo picking,never fun obviously.

Members online

No members online now.