New Momma and HW+

darkchild16

We are Home.
We got a new foster today. She whelped a litter 6 weeks ago and tryed to eat the puppies so she hasnt nursed or anything. She is also HW+. What I need to know is any special considerations besides the picking up poop and activity level AND how much to feed. Shes about 40-50 pounds and shes a shepard mix. They gave us Puppy Chow and canned Natural Balance Lamb. How much should we feed?

bubbatd

Confused .... do you have the Mom and pups ??? I don't understand why they turned them over to you if you have no clue what to do . This is a VERY important stage .

darkchild16

We are Home.
Grammy I know what to do with a momma and pups> I just dont know what to do with her never nursing (if she needs the extra food as well or ??) and has heartworm.

She shouldn't need any extra food, her milk should just dry up. Keep an eye on her though, incase she gets mastitis or some other mammary infection. Watch for discharge from the vulva, incase she has a uterine infection.

Good luck! Hope she makes a full recovery.

darkchild16

We are Home.
Already dried up for the most part compared to what she was and no more discharge. so we are all good there.

Just wanted to make sure not to feed her more since shes not nursing and has hw thanks.

Members online

No members online now.