Smokeys got to go.................

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist
Just got off the phone with my dad and he asked to talk to my mom. He knew we were looking to get anouther dog at some point. A dog smaller then Pixie and a dog my mom can feel safe with in the house. So my dad asked my mom if she wanted his stepdaughters Pitbull/Schnauzer Smokey.

My mom obviousely asked why and told him to be truthful. We all know they would not just offer us Smokey just to be nice my step sister loves that dog. So he caved and told us that Smokey attacked some one and they can't risk keeping there with my step sisters baby. Of course my mom went off on him asking why we would want a dog that is unsafe when we have little kids coming and going around here all the time.

Truth be told Smokey has never been truly trained and my step sisters boyfriend actually trained Smokey to be aggressive with people he doesent know. He is not good with other children or other dogs either. The only dog he is ok with is Mishka our Siberian Husky who also lives with my dad. And thats because at the first hint of Smokey getting dominent Mishka put him right back in his place if you know what I mean. But other then that he will try and attack other dogs.

Its not my dads fault as he is a truck driver and never home. He never even wanted Smokey in the first place because he already had Mishka and who needs two when you already have one? Or atleast thats how his mind works. But he had very little say and one day Smokey was just there. My dad had no time to train Smokey or pay attention to how he was being trained by my step sister or her boyfriend.

But no that Smokey has become dangerouse even more so my step sister and her bf said that they would give Smokey to a good home if that can find one that will take him. Of course we cannot take Smokey we already have Pixie and i do not want her hurt because of this new dog. Also because my nephews are always here and I have friends that come and go. It would only be a matter of time before Smokey did something unfriendly.

Its sad because I do like Smokey alot but I love Pixie.

Are we wrong not to take him?

Saje

Island dweller
If you can't handle him or help him get the training he needs then you are making the best decision. Hopefully you can help him find the home he needs.

PixieSticksandTricks

I hope we can im not sure who will want him though. I wish she never even got him because now he is paying for their mistakes.

bubbatd

It's so sad when dog's are unwanted anymore....................

R

RedyreRottweilers

Be advised that persons can be held liable if they place dogs with any known bite history, and that animal injures someone subsequently.

This won't be a popular opinion, but if a dog has a bite history, and the owners are not willing to rehab the dog, it should not be passed on to another person. The liability is too great. It should be humanely destroyed.

PixieSticksandTricks

They may keep him im unsure like I have said he really isn't mine. I brought up the trainer before to Vern my step sister but she just gets all defensive and tells me there is nothing wrong with Smokey. But he may have to be put down actually because the kid he attacked's parents are taking Vern to court and who knows what will happen.

Its not that Smokey is unwanted I want him but I CAN"T have him its unsafe to have him here especially.

Members online

No members online now.