My new Betta boys... (by popular demand aka PW)

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
I went to a Betta show last weekend, in San Francisco.

It was a strange and confusing experience (don't even ask), but the show was very entertaining in general, and I brought home three ADORABLE Betta boys! They are unnamed as of yet, I only have a few in mind that I like. I'm definitely open to suggestions! ^^

Warning: The outside of this tank is horrifically dusty/yucky/waterstainy. I am so disappointed, that I didn't think to clean it beforehand.

This boy is a Halfmoon Plakat. His coloring is called "red dragon". Oooo. He placed 2nd in the show, and he is so worth his ridonculous auction price!

"WTF DIRTY GLASS!?"

He is quite sassy.

"Escusez-moi?"

"Ugh, paparazzi."

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
This is the red dragon boy's neighbor. He's a little bit shy. These pictures DO NOT do his coloring justice... it's sad. He's a really nice, pastel yellow with white frosting on his scales, and just a tinsey bit of blue/purple wash. The flash just kills me; I'm totally getting better pictures of him in a jar, soon. He's a Halfmoon Plakat as well.

Flaring at his friend. ; )

"What is the meaning of this bright thing?!"

*runs*

*hides*

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Oh, I love fiesty Plakat boys.

This is my third, unexpected new addition! He was selling for very cheap in the auction, probably due to his damaged fins... I don't know whether he got there with torn fins (he was auction only) or did it on the way there/while there, but he is already healing up nicely. I'm not a big longfin fan - especially longfins with torn fins - but he's growing on me! He is a really pretty yellow, with purpley pectorals and streaks in his tail. He's a Halfmoon, when he feels like flaring.

"Hey... you... you gots brine shrimpz?"

You can see his tail damage in this one. I think he'll be back to normal within a month.

This is my favorite of him. He's a big poser.

All done!​

SharkBait

That 1st one is a beast!
Love it!! They're bootiful!
I miss mine too... had 2 a red male, a peachy one with multicoloured bits and a female blue on who beat the guys up lol.
So much for being able to keep a male n female together! Clyde lost half his fins!

had 2 a red male, a peachy one with multicoloured bits and a female blue on who beat the guys up lol.
You can't keep males and females together. They WILL fight. The only time they should be together is when they are mating. They should NEVER live in the same tank.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
That's right, I'm popalurr! *woot*

I don't normally care for any male's except for Plakats, but your last boy is GAWJUS!
Fer sure, I would take him. Now. Thanks.

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Thanks everyone. : )

LOL PW... I am partial to short-finned males, too. I have had bad experiences with fin-biting long-finned males. But this guy is just special. And his fins aren't too terribly heavy. But, seriously, step off of him! *slaps hand* D:<

Sharkbait, the same thing happened to one of my boys who I was attempting to spawn, earlier this year... he was a big wuss. The female chased him around, nipped at his fins, and at one point tried to WRAP with him (which is the male's job). It was so sad. :p Usually, when a male and female are together, either the male will be aggressive (which usually results in a successful spawn - but the female must be removed after that, or she could die), or the female will be aggressive if the male doesn't step up, out of frustration. Bettas have attitudes!

I think I'm going to name the first boy Falkor... after the dragon from Never-Ending Story. I dunno. I'm a horrible namer.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
But, seriously, step off of him! *slaps hand* D:<
:(

I think I'm going to name the first boy Falkor... after the dragon from Never-Ending Story. I dunno. I'm a horrible namer.
OR, you could name him Michael and join the E.T. Betta Cult! :D

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
:lol-sign: This is true. :p

But hey, my next betta is going to be named Spencer, regardless of gender.

Gerdy and Spencer.

SharkBait

You can't keep males and females together. They WILL fight. The only time they should be together is when they are mating. They should NEVER live in the same tank.
Well i figured that out after I noticed the male looking a bit worse for wear... so obviously they were separated. And it was the sales people at petsathome that told me i could!

Sharkbait, the same thing happened to one of my boys who I was attempting to spawn, earlier this year... he was a big wuss. The female chased him around, nipped at his fins, and at one point tried to WRAP with him (which is the male's job). It was so sad. :p Usually, when a male and female are together, either the male will be aggressive (which usually results in a successful spawn - but the female must be removed after that, or she could die), or the female will be aggressive if the male doesn't step up, out of frustration. Bettas have attitudes!
lol, bless him. And they really do have 'tude like! :p

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
LOL! The name Spencer is an adorable name, though. Also my street name. Michael is just a really random Betta name... and I'd have to explain to people every time. hehe. I am pondering it! I think I might name the yellow and white boy Meringue. Or Michael.

Ugh, Sharkbait... pet store people do that all of the time. This is why I CRINGE every time I see female Bettas at Petsmart or Petco. Most people realize that males cannot live together, but I can only imagine how many people were told that females and males get along, and ended up with dead Bettas. D; I also hate that pet store people encourage keeping Bettas in tanks that barely give them room to move around. I could keep ranting, basically forever, about this... haha

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Ugh, Sharkbait... pet store people do that all of the time. This is why I CRINGE every time I see female Bettas at Petsmart or Petco. Most people realize that males cannot live together, but I can only imagine how many people were told that females and males get along, and ended up with dead Bettas. D; I also hate that pet store people encourage keeping Bettas in tanks that barely give them room to move around. I could keep ranting, basically forever, about this... haha
Me too, I thought I had hit the jackpot when I went to my Petco (I can't even walk by the fish in the Walmart here, it's disgusting) and they all had larger than average, full containers of crystal clear water. All the fish looked alert and vibrant. That's why I get Gerdy there. I went back a few days later and they were in pretty bad shape. Still better than Walmart, but the water was lower and they just didn't look as good.

*sigh* I need to find a better place or travel to a show.

I promised myself if I make dean's list, I can get Spencer :D

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Oooh, I can't wait to see as they settle in!

I miss having a betta. So do my plants. The change water makes the best plant water EVAR.

Members online

No members online now.