Store selling expired dog food- do you check?

Here is a posting about a person getting expired dog
food for their dog from Petco. (supposedly)
Do you check your expiry dates when you buy dog food?

Petco expired dog food?

I never check the bags I buy, but the store I go
to has a huge turnover in food this issue would not
really happen there.

(I would have liked to post this as a poll but cannot
find any option to do that??)

showpug

LOL! I always check dates! In fact, I embarras my hubby by digging through all the bags to find the freshest. :lol-sign:

oh i ALWAYS do the check for freshness for my babies :)... i am notorious for getting to the petstore on the day they get their delivery of petfoods and get the bags sometimes right off the truck LOL, it pays to have a brother who works for a petstore :)

Herschel

Hi, my (screen) name is Herschel, and I will dig through 15 20lb bags of Canidae to find the freshest one. Yes, it makes a difference if the food was made this month.

goldiefur

YES I CHECK! I bought a bag of EVO (my very first bag) and when I got home and checked the date it had expired 4 months before!!!:yikes: I freaked out thank GOD had not not fed it to my dog yet. We went back to the store and the woman apologized and out of curiosity I walked back and started checking the EVO and Innova and I found a bunch more that was expired and a bunch of Innova treats were expired also. She came over (I assume this woman was the owner) and I showed her but she blamed it all on the truck driver. If it was one or two bags I may have believed her but not with that many. I did not even check other brands so who knows there could have been more expired. I will NEVER:mad: go back to that store and it is a shame because it is so close. I drive 35 miles away to get my food now. At least I know it is fresh but I will ALWAYS check the dates now.

adojrts

Me too.........and I watch for the bags that have an old wrickled look and I always check the dates. If I find one, I ask to speak with the manager, show them the bag and ask them why??? I then watch for that bag the next time I go in, if the bag/s are still there.........I will look for another store. I changed stores once because of that (huge pet store chain)............happily it doesn't seem to be a problem with the store that I purchase from now.

Lynn

Members online

No members online now.