It finally happened...

...I lost a team! Me and the boys headed up to Midstar to try different set ups and see who to use to race with who. I headed up Saturday night in order to have a full day of running today.

This morning while the trail was slick and everything still completely frozen we harnessed Lacey and Ronan in lead with OC and Ruby in wheel. I get on the sled, I pulled the snub line, we ran 100 metres to the first turn and I didn't squat down low enough and BAM! The sled goes over. I'm getting dragged holding on to the sled with 3 fingers thinking "What a great way to have my first run of the day." I was about to grab the handle bar with my other hand after having been dragged about 50 feet when my fingers slip and off go the dogs down the trail with a tipped sled! ****! So I jump up and take off after them regardless of the fact that there's no way I could ever catch them. Luckily John hopped on the snowmobile and took off after them and was able to catch them 0.5 mile down the track. He jumped off the snowmobile, hopped on the sled and kept going with them. Of course, once OC realized I wasn't on the sled he quit pulling and just ran along. On the way home he stopped the sled and we switched and I took them the last kilometer, without dumping the sled.

Round 2

After lunch Cheri let me run her second-fastest team which consisted of Yukon, Jac, and Lucas. I promised Cheri I wasn't losing a second team! And I didn't! But I got dumped 5 times! First time it was that same **** corner from the first run but I made sure to get both hands on and clung to it while digging my toes in the snow to brake. Once stopped I got myself and the sled back up and off we went again! Second time same thing happened. Third time they stopped, I got up, but they weren't running. By now they figured out that niether Cheri nor John were on the back of that sled (BTW these three turns were in the span of 0.5km). So the 3 boys get into a fight while standing around - great, that's all I need! Lucas soon enough backs out of the fight and just sits there looking pretty while Jac and Yukon have a brawl. I yell out "Yukon, lets go! Hike!" And all 3 stopped, looked back at me, then went back to what they were doing. I was so fed up I just yelled out "Jac! Yukon! Stop it right now! If you f****** fight any f****** more I swear to gawd I'll f****** kick all your @$$es all over the f****** snow till there's nothing left of ye!" THe boys stopped again and they gave me the most stunned expression which clearly read "Oh, hey, check it out, she's serious! Oh man!" and shot off down the trail like good puppies.

Fourth time I dumped the sled I was able to get back up just as the boys were slowing down and the last time I was so experienced at this I got myself back up and running without the boys missing a stride! With 1/2 the trail left to go I didn't dump the sled again! Mind you, the corners weren't nearly as sharp as the ones where I did dump it but shhhhh.

Now I sit here typing this up with OC passed out beside me, my face burning worse than a bad sunburn from getting dragged along the snow and ice (think carpet burn here) and my legs so stiff and sore I feel like an old lady. Oh ya and the best part? Tomorrow I gotta dance for drama class - gracefully! At least I didn't break anything...

jess2416

Who woulda thought
oh my sounds like you had a fun day... makes mine sound a little better :D ( I feel off a ladder today ) Thankfully i wasnt on the top step. But I hope you are ok. :)

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Wow that was eventful! I'm sorry you had such a rough time with those turns!!

P.S. of course Lucas stopped fighting so he could look pretty! :p ;) lol

Thanks for the sympathy guys LOL

Jess, oh that can be embarassing! Hope you're alright!

Shadow, mmmm that suonds great! I'm planning to soak in the hot tub tonight :D

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
OH my GOODNESS no wonder you went straight home and didn't stop by lol. Iah embarrassing moments they happen to the best of us ;)

I hope all your aches and pains feel better soon :D

Members online

No members online now.