The dog musing/vent thread

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Some potentially very exciting things afoot. Potentially. So many reasons why it might not work, but we're going to give it the good 'ol college try. And I'm insane.

No expectations, no high hopes. This will be my mantra.
We need more details than that!

Some potentially very exciting things afoot. Potentially. So many reasons why it might not work, but we're going to give it the good 'ol college try. And I'm insane.

No expectations, no high hopes. This will be my mantra.
I hope (calmly and reasonably hope) that it all works out! And that you'll tell me what it is if it does! :lol-sign:

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I hope (calmly and reasonably hope) that it all works out! And that you'll tell me what it is if it does! :lol-sign:
We won't know for certain for...at least a couple of weeks, if it will work. Again, the list of why it's a bad idea/why it shouldn't work is about 10 times longer than the list of why it would work. So no expectations.

We won't know for certain for...at least a couple of weeks, if it will work. Again, the list of why it's a bad idea/why it shouldn't work is about 10 times longer than the list of why it would work. So no expectations.
Well, I hope that it's the best result in the end. Sometimes bad ideas can become good things. :D

And I'm dying to know what it is. But I don't want to jinx it. Or whatever.

Oko

Silence, peasants.
Well don't make people curious or anything

:p

Equinox

Lots of uncertainties at this point, but it's a litter that had me excited the moment I heard about it. I can PM you if you want!

She was and has been! I haven't tried walking her or working her out in this 100F (or nearly) heat though. But she demo'd interior searches just fine.

She's getting a little stir crazy but doing well inside and hanging around the yard. Poor thing needs a sibling that will PLAY with her longer than 5 minutes. She tries but Summer says she is too old.
Oh yay! That's really, really good news and I'm so happy to hear some good news about Mia <3 <3

Also, your "Nextdog" is coming 2014 or 2015 right? I want to say 2014 but might have remembered incorrectly. Sooo... Mia should have a sibling soon, hopefully? :D

k9krazee

Bah!! Could it be what I think it could be?!

SaraB

Well whatever it is, crossing all appendages for you!

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Nextdog should be early 2015!

I actually HAD a dog last week that wanted to play with Mia but nooo Mia wanted to play with Summer. Found Dog was not cool enough for Mia. I'm hoping she loves Nextdog because she pretty well only plays with Summer, Rose, and Nard. Not even Beau. She bullies him. If she would just be less of a brat....

So I've been thinking about therapy dog with Summer (not that Summer doesn't have enough already to do), but we had an instant this weekend that made me realize how phenomenal she is. There is a lady I see around town with what I assume is a son who is severely mentally handicapped. He will yell and make all sorts of noises sporadically and out of the blue. She was pushing him around Petsmart last weekend when they wanted to see my dogs and talk. Summer ate it up and was not phased one bit by the random yelling. She loved the attention and gave them kisses and was her wonderful self.

My friend's husband on Monday commented to me (without knowing Summer's history as a therapy dog) that she would make a spectacular therapy dog. He does therapy work with his lab, who is also bombproof. I told him Summer was a therapy dog before I got her.

I'm considering it.... I have never met another dog with her way with people.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Well don't make people curious or anything

:p
It's because I WANT to share!! I really really do, but I need to keep myself from getting overly excited in case it doesn't work!

Bah!! Could it be what I think it could be?!
Um...I don't know what you think it could be? :p
We are 1) Not moving to Missouri (though Ryan offered that once I graduate he would be interested in looking into it further :headbanger:) and 2) it's not a Toy Fox Terrier. Are either of those things what you thought I was talking about?

Well, I hope that it's the best result in the end. Sometimes bad ideas can become good things. :D

And I'm dying to know what it is. But I don't want to jinx it. Or whatever.
I guess I can share that if it DOES work (which it's not going to, remember?) then I will have another dog. And before ANYONE asks, no, it is not a puppy. Because I hate puppies, remember?

k9krazee

It's because I WANT to share!! I really really do, but I need to keep myself from getting overly excited in case it doesn't work!

Um...I don't know what you think it could be? :p
We are 1) Not moving to Missouri (though Ryan offered that once I graduate he would be interested in looking into it further :headbanger:) and 2) it's not a Toy Fox Terrier. Are either of those things what you thought I was talking about?
Bummerosity on both counts!! :p

I guess I can share that if it DOES work (which it's not going to, remember?) then I will have another dog. And before ANYONE asks, no, it is not a puppy. Because I hate puppies, remember?
zomg! Excited!! *fingers crossed*

Members online

No members online now.