Buddy's New Duds

New collar and matching leash for Buddy, the Golden we bailed out of the shelter a couple weeks ago! He was unclaimed stray with no collar. Like most shelters they sent him home with us wearing a cheap crappy collar that had been donated. (NOT their fault, limited funds so this shelter puts funds into caring for their charges rather than fancy collars. They do take good care of the animals and are no-kill.)

On hiking trail walks Buddy always reacts to ducks. He stands at attention with ears forward and stares at them. If he hears ducks honking as they fly overhead he always stops and looks up, following them with his eyes. So we found this collar and thought it would be perfect for him!

Sorry no pics of him modeling it. It's hard to see on him now that his fur's all properly brushed out, the collar was just delivered last night, and besides our camera batteries are not charged. We're bad with that.

Here's his new stuff:

We got this collar ....

Except we ordered it with this brass buckle instead of the black plastic one:

Also the matching leash ...

This is the dog it's on ... it's still his picture from the shelter. We don't have new pictures of him yet. Still concentrating on just enjoying him ... he's a good boy, he likes our Westie puppy and our dog-friendly cats too!

noludoru

Bored Now.
:yikes:

You posted a picture thread without any new pictures!??????!!!???

*wonders if you should be reported for that* :rofl1:

You posted a picture thread without any new pictures!??????!!!???
Well ... ummm ... there's pictures of his new stuff at least. :D

And umm, OK ... we REALLY suck at remembering to charge camera batteries ... and remembering to bring the camera on outings. :eek:

*wonders if you should be reported for that* :rofl1:
Good thing you're so cute ... 'cuz you're such a little brat. :rofl1:

(P.S.: Hey ... didja ever get that blue graphic collar for Middie? You know you want that collar. teehee!)

noludoru

Bored Now.
Well ... ummm ... there's pictures of his new stuff at least. :D

And umm, OK ... we REALLY suck at remembering to charge camera batteries ... and remembering to bring the camera on outings. :eek:
Put the batteries in the charger now, silly, and then take the camera out whenever. And yes, pics of stuff is better than nothing, so you get a point or two for that.

TheGoldenRetriever said:
Good thing you're so cute ... 'cuz you're such a little brat. :rofl1:

(P.S.: Hey ... didja ever get that blue graphic collar for Middie? You know you want that collar. teehee!)
I won't dispute the brat comment. ;) But little? Have you ever seen any pics of me? ROFL

No, I didn't. . . I'm penniless from buying Christmas presents. I haven't drooled over any collars that are less than $30 lately, so no new collars for me until next spring.. at which point I have my eye on a 2" wide orange leather collar to go with my orange lead and to be a comfortable tie-out collar.

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
I'm so glad Buddy is fitting in perfectly.

That collar/leash are super cute! I'm sure it really compliments that blonde hunk of yours... of course, I cannot say for sure, until you post PICTURES. :p Do ittttt!

I won't dispute the brat comment. ;) But little? Have you ever seen any pics of me? ROFL
LMAO!
Nolu is like 11 feet tall. She towers over Shaq.
Donchaknow?

Ahem ... height alone does not preclude one from the state of little bratitude. :p
No, I didn't. . . I'm penniless from buying Christmas presents.
Oh yeah, I almost forgot.

o/" o/" Tis the time for empty wallets ... fa, la, la, la, la, la freakin' la. o/" o/"

I'm so glad Buddy is fitting in perfectly.
He really is!! Strange, it's only been a couple weeks ... after the first few days he was acting like he's always been here!! We began the slow careful socialization thing with the puppy and the cats, b/c he was an unclaimed stray with no history so we didn't know his tolerance level at all.

But we were able to speed it up b/c we never found his tolerance level with them ... he's incredibly patient with the puppy and really likes the cats!! The really weird thing was Fuzzy, our older-than-Methusalah Himalayan cat who is TERRIFIED of anyone or anything new .... yet she adored Buddy immediately!!

Nolu is like 11 feet tall. She towers over Shaq.
Donchaknow?
Now that can only be a comment from someone who is shor .... ooops, I mean vertically challenged. :D

Nothing is better that a happy Golden rescue !!!
Thanks Grammy!! He really does seem to like it here ... has that "Golden smile" on his face all the time. :)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
He sounds like an awesome dog. I am so glad he found his forever home with you.
THe new stuff looks incredible! I THat collar print is just perfect for a golden!

Members online

No members online now.