Going to get tested Sat!!!!!!!

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Saterday morning Hitch and Roxy are going to get their double, triple, checks health wise to make sure that they are still perfect for breeding :D . I really don't have any doubts I just get nervouse or paranoid even though both are breeding dogs and have been for years :rolleyes: . Anyways if all goes well then on Roxies next heat cycle we'll breed and pray she's pregnant lol. Then she'll get tested to make sure and if she passes then I'll pray for healthy happy puppies with the greatest qualities of both parents!!! Im sooooo excited and ready for this. This is to be Roxies last litter ever and Hitches last time being bred because after the puppies are weaned and gone both are getting spayed and neutered and be ol happy house pets well atleast Hitch this was to be his last season of racing Roxy will still race for a few more years. Ah im just so excited like I've said I've got up to 12 different people/families who have passed my tests and filled out tons of paper work and are looking forward to their puppies. Of course Roxy won't have 12 puppies and some people will have to wait up until next year possibly unless i choose to breed anouther pair or Sibes but I am definatly breeding a pair of the others. Well thats just my update.

Saje

Island dweller
Aww they are going to have beautiful babies.

Do either of them pass on stronger traits?

When I bred my mare it was SO obvious what traits she had passed on and which one she hadn't. I really wish she'd passed on her wonderful, strong, black hooves but no....

You would probably get a good idea from past litters which traits are dominant in each dog. Any idea?

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Hitch has given me great pups to sell and i will hate to have him neutered but everything good ends. His offspring often inherit his blaze and brown eyes, long muscular hind legs full of power. Also in that pic its hard to tell but His color is black/brown/grey and so he has been known for fathering a litter who two that came out with a red pup or two which I like.

Out of Roxy I always get the most beautiful well built solid little puppies with her beautiful blue eyes. She has an awsome body build and im hoping she passes it on to these pups.

Im hoping to get future lead dogs in this litter and have puppies with a perfect mesh of their personalities.
Pretty much my expectations of how these puppies will turn out.

Saje

Island dweller
Do they all have her blue eyes? I love blue eyed animals. :) That's neat.

How many are you keeping? :)

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
yup all of my puppies out of Roxy have had blue eyes except for Buck.

Lol im not too sure wether im going to keep a puppy or not. I usually don't keep a puppy simply because i have alot of people waiting for one. But I am seriousely considering it because these two dogs have alot of promise in the pups they will produce and it would be nice to have a piece of both dogs. Even though I did keep Buck that was Roxy and Tracker and i have yet to keep a puppy fathered by Hitch. So who knows it has to be and acceptional puppy.

Saje

Island dweller
I think you should keep one. They'll probably all be exceptional. :D And I'm sure you'll want a little piece of Hutch in the future. :)

bubbatd

Good luck!!!! I've mentioned my "Bible" before....."how to raise a puppy you can live with" .....a must for breeders and new owners!!! If you don't have it, look into it. Week by week info and MUSTS!!!!

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Yeah I know that book! I have seen it at the bookstore in town and have read bits and peices I have considered buying it because you can ALWAYS learn more. So I probley will thanks bubbatd :)

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Took their bums to the vet today to get tested. And they both check out fine!!!! Not like thats a surprise they have in the past like i said before im just paranoid lol. So now its just that waiting game for Roxies next heat cycle *crosses fingers*!!! SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members online