Piercings and Tattoos

Zhucca

Lab Love
I have had my septum, tongue, lip and labret pierced. I took all of those out as I grew out of them. I also had my ears stretched to 00 and I just recently took them out, they've shrunk a lot but I think I need to rip my ear to get them to go smaller.

I have both of my nostrils pierced, and I've had it that way for 6yrs. I think I always will have both of them. I want my tragus pierced on both sides and that's it for me for piercings. I have no desire for tattoos.

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
I am so boring! I only have my ears pierced LOL.

I've had a couple of tattoos in my mind for 2 & 3 years though. My first will most likely be a watercolour of a fox - it has a lot of personal meaning :) I also love The Little Prince, especially the fox quotes, so I like that I could add a favorite quote to it in the future if I wanted.

LOVE little prince quotes. That was my second choice. "You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." Or however it goes.

Torch

I have two holes in each ear, used to have my eyebrow pierced, and I have two tattoos. My left shoulder is a tribal phoenix, and my right shoulder has "Never Surrender" on it.

RD

Are you dead yet?
I only have a small tattoo and a vertical labret right now. My other piercings I had to take out for work, but I had my eyebrows done to pay homage to one of my favorite cartoon characters (Pickles from Dethklok) and I loved them, even though they took forever to heal.

My vertical didn't really hurt. Stung as the needle went in, went numb as soon as the transfer was done. First couple days of healing were a little ouchy when I'd bump it against food/drink.

My tattoo felt AMAZING, it didn't really hurt and felt like a tingly massage. I got it on my chest though, I know wrists/feet/hands/elbows hurt more.

I have a ton of tattoos I want to get done. Just not enough money for them.

RD

Are you dead yet?
I don't really like cartilage piercings but a triple front helix is what I'll be getting if I do any more ear piercing. I have a few holes in each ear and that's enough for me unless I get some fancy **** done.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I would like a medium sized butterfly tattoo one day. I originally wanted an actual papillon dog somehow in it but think I will just go with a butterfly.

I know butterflies are very common tattoos but they have had significant meaning in my life. My mother loved butterflies and collected them and things with them on it. The cancer that killed her was called a butterfly glioma- it spreads in the shape of a butterfly. It just has always struck me as poignant. Of course theres the papillons too being 'butterflies'. I also like the symbology of a creature that undergoes a beautiful transformation.

I would like to add in Mia somehow but not in a traditional dog tattoo sense. I need to find a good artist as I'm a little picky.

Equinox

I don't really like cartilage piercings but a triple front helix is what I'll be getting if I do any more ear piercing.
I'm hoping to get the triple frontal helix for my next piercings, too. It just looks so cute and pretty :)

Right now I'm pretty boring, just two lobe piercings on each ear and a cartilage piercing on the left ear. Might get a tattoo eventually, but for now I just want more piercings.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Don't take them out! You may be cleaning them too often. After the first three days, I normally clean once a day for a while to kind of let them be. If anything, head to a piercing shop and ask them what they think. They are just in a stage where they are healing, most likely. If they are infected, they will be nasty and very painful all the time.

Just give it some time. :)
I'd only take them out if they were definitely infected. I have been cleaning them 3x a day, but I will back off on it some. I also twist them a ton, maybe I shouldn't as much?

What are you cleaning them with? If they're irritating you, Chamomile teabags make a good soothing compress.
Just the stuff they give you for free from Claire's. The ingredients are water and benzalkonium chloride. Thanks I'll look into the teabags!

I'd only take them out if they were definitely infected. I have been cleaning them 3x a day, but I will back off on it some. I also twist them a ton, maybe I shouldn't as much?

Just the stuff they give you for free from Claire's. The ingredients are water and benzalkonium chloride. Thanks I'll look into the teabags!
If you got them pierced at Claire's, scrap all the information they gave you! They're probably irritated because the type of punch gun they use at Claire's causes a blunt force trauma via the posts of the earrings instead of a hollow point needle. Don't twist them either except slight turns during the cleaning. Essentially other than cleaning, avoid touching them at all. You can't go wrong with a good sea salt rinse for cleaning (some people use saline, but I've been used to sea salt) and a tea compress to soothe them.

If they end up infected, it's also advised to not take them out so the infection doesn't get closed off in your ear. I'm not entirely sure on the merits here, as I've seen arguments from medical professionals and piercers on both sides.

crazedACD

Is it normal for my ears to still be a bit sore/sensitive? I got them done on Sunday and its Thursday. They don't bother me if I'm not messing with them but when I clean them and stuff they are a little sore and have even started itching a little bit. I REALLY don't want them to get infected, I love them and I don't want to take them out!!
Are these your first piercings, your first ear piercings?

My ears will itch and the holes get slightly red if I wear earrings, no matter the type of metal used, even ones that say hypo-allergenic (they aren't quite as bad though!). If it doesn't go away in time (heal up), I would suspect a metal allergy. I'm even allergic to most belt buckles and the backside of the button in jeans.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
1. Clean them twice a day.
2. Use saline solution/salt water ONLY.
3. Change your pillow cases NIGHTLY.
4. DO NOT twist them. This breaks up the normal scar tissue and causes more to grow which leads to irritation and gnarly scars and keloids.
5. Keep your hair up for a couple weeks to help keep nasties off your ear.
6. Make sure the jewelry is surgical grade steel, not nickel. A lot of cheap earrings are nickel and a lot of people are allergic.

The people that work at Claire's don't know what they're doing. Guns are awful for piercing as it pushes a blunt piece of metal through your skin verses cutting out space for the piercing to go. This causes a higher rate if rejection and uneven healing. Guns are also not terribly sanitary as they are super difficult to disinfect.

Guh I wish everywhere except legit piercing shops were banned from piercing. They can do so much damage, especially to little kids' bodies.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
H2Ocean is amazing for healing piercings fyi. I used this stuff when I got my nipples pierced and it worked really well. You can get it through a lot of tattoo/piercing shops and I think Hot Topic actually carries it too usually.

Definitely going to echo what has been said already on the piercing guns vs hollow needle issue. I will never have any piercing done by a gun for all the reasons mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Thanks for all the info guys! I will stop twisting them and start using a saline solution (or try to find the H2Ocean stuff mentioned). I knew Claire's wasn't like the best place ever to get them, but I didn't realize it was because of the gun. The earrings are supposed to be stainless steel, but I don't know if there is nickel in them. I will definitely go to a professional piercer for my next piercings. :)

mrose_s

BusterLove
I have my lobes stretched to 4mm. I have my septum done and an industrial. And 2 bars in my tongue.

In the past I have had a vertical labret and a dermal anchor in my chest, I loved them but both migrated out.

As soon as I have a day off when my piercer is working I'm tossing up between multiple dermals, nipples or a smiley. I also want my cheeks, medusa and both nostrils done.

Tattoo wise I only have one in my wrist. It goes almost halfway up my forearm, it's a traditional style beer studbbie with the initials of my old workplace across it. When I left my going away present was that my first tattoo had to be for the pub. Hopefully will book my next one (feet) next week.

Members online

No members online now.