Macadamia Nut -- Temporary Puppy

Toller_08

She is so cute and has grown so much already! Sounds like she's having a blast with you and your crew. :)

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
She is so cute and has grown so much already! Sounds like she's having a blast with you and your crew. :)
I can believe how fast she is growing -- she started off bigger than Mira (helps when you are from a litter of 5 vs. 10!) but she just keeps growing and growing (though I'm guessing she will stop younger). She's about the same height as Webby but outweighs him, I think. She is so cute and spunky and fun-loving. If only she would stop the nighttime crate screaming...

More of Her Highnessness, Princess Pouncypaws HowlerMonkey, modeling next to recently delivered boxes in the garage. Her face says, "Practicing sit-stays is HARD."

(P.S. Midwest Side-by-Sides are <$80/each + free shipping on Amazon right now. If you've always wanted some but couldn't stomach the $140+ price tag (like me) now's the time. Thanks to stardogs for the head's up!)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
YOu could send her temporary self over here for a little while..I could sure enjoy her company, but I don't think I would want to give her back. What a beautiful pup.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Cell Phone photo from earlier today...the little one concentrating VERY HARD on her stay while on our Saturday morning circus circuit. Farmer's Market, fish stores, pet stores, home store, yadda yadda. She was toward the back of a pet store here (I threatened to get her a pink dog coat but she didn't believe me), but behind me was a cat adoption drive and a bunch of kids lol. And yes of course she got to go say hi for being such a good girl.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
MacNut is reaching the end of her time here...just a couple weeks left. I'm really going to miss this girl :(.

(photo taken tonight, just before dark)

Ulteed

Seeing her and Mira has really made me consider a Flat-Coated Retriever one day! They are such beautiful dogs .... I'd really not be able to keep a dog temporary like that. Would have such a hard time letting the dog go back!

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Well, we are one week post surgery (This and This) so decided to free her from the cone for a bit and try to get a few decent pictures besides my daily cell phone shots to monitor and compare.

First handed Cookie to hubby and tried to get some pictures of how her incision is looking but she was determined to dash after me and play. Hubby managed to keep her feet on the grass but she's supposed to be staying quiet this arrangement did not last long.

"C'mon! Let's play!"

Here you can see the incision from the surgery (outside left thigh) as well as the anterior edge of the laceration stitching, between her left thigh and belly. The left fore shaved cuff is from abrasions that occurred when she hit the cistern, the right fore is from the IV.

So then we switched and hubby took pictures while I had the Cookster. Didn't have treats, she just was making faces at me 'cause she's silly. Tried to get some standing photos but ummm the focus in those shots is on some background tree...so just have sitting ones.

Staples come out in one week then she has another four weeks of restricted exercise before starting to rebuild.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
She looks great and happy :) lol at the tree focus, happens to me every time I give the camera to Jason too
She's really bounced back well :) She is happy but frustrated...her brain, heart, and three of her legs are a good 75 zoomie laps behind quota now and they really wanna run. Poor kid is handling the whole thing really well though and if nothing else we should have truly awesome crate manners by the time this is over :rolleyes:

BostonBanker

What a cutie she is! I'm so glad she is handling things as well as she has been. She's got many years in which to catch up on zoomie laps!

SaraB

<3 What a trooper. I can't even imagine having to keep her calm when she just wants to go. I fostered a young puppy (5 weeks) that had a broken leg, but she didn't really know any different by the time we were done with her crate rest.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Ironically, she was originally supposed to go home today...

She took pretty drastic measures to stay in the ShaiCrew a couple extra weeks... :p

Members online

No members online now.