Can dog eat raw pork bones?

I got difficulties getting suitable lamb and beef bones here.

Pork bones are easy to get and are clean. Can dogs eat raw pork bones ? how about pouring hot water before giving to them? Because actually pork should be fully cooked before consume.

LovelyM

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Of course!

My boys eat raw pork bones often. Just make sure the bones are nicely covered in meat, and it's best to freeze it for 3 weeks before feeding it. Don't boil it, at all; it could cook the bone. I'm assuming you're worried about trichinosis? If you freeze for 3 weeks, there is no risk... and if you live in the US, there is pretty much no risk regardless.

Beef bones are largely unsafe, and Lamb is usually pretty pricey, so pork is one of the only bigger raw meaty bones my dogs eat. They really love pork ribs, necks, and feet especially! A warning, though... pork may or may not upset your dog's tummy if they've never had it before, so it's best to feed it in small increments, and preferable to feed some kind of digestive supplement or yogurt along with it.

Raw bones are good for dogs, so is raw meats of most kinds. The meat is actually better for the dogs with the bones still in it. Most kinds of fish should be fine too. Cooked bones can be bad, raw bones are part of a healthy canine diet.

Do a search for BARF diet (bones and raw foods) It is better for dogs than anything you can buy prepackaged and preprocessed. Chicken necks and turkey necks are great.

A raw diet is perfectly healthy for a dog, dogs are not people, their digestive system doesn't work the same. Many studies have shown dogs fed a raw diet live longer and are MUCH healthier than those eating commercial dog foods. In fact, raw diets have also been shown to fight cancer. A dramatic reduction in carbs can stop a canine cancer in it's track and cause permanent remission until commercial foods are started again or large amounts of carbs are added to the diet.

Hello,

Experts once advised against pork since it carried a high risk of cysts/worms. Slaughter inspection is far better than it once was so you needn't worry too much. However, since pork is a pretty fatty meat, it might be wise to vary your bone offerings.

For more info on this topic, check on Tom Lonsdale's "Work Wonders: Feed Your Dog Raw Meaty Bones."

Good luck!

Members online

No members online now.