shots

Saje

Island dweller
does anyone give their dogs their own shots? I do that with my horses and was wondering if you can buy them the same way you can for livestock. Anyone? I'm sure that would be a lot cheaper for me.

Y

yuckaduck

Here in Ontario my vet won't let me do my own horses he does it if I want the paperwork to say it is done and being a showing/lesson/training/boarding stables I need the proof. Too bad because it sure would be cheaper, it is a money grab if you ask me.

Saje

Island dweller
Yeah, it does vary from province to province doesn't it? :confused:

skyhigh

My mum's a nurse and she wanted to give our dogs their shots. But she was told no.

Debi

most people around here order online and give all their own vaccines. it IS cheaper, especially since you eliminate the vet visit. You can't give rabies, of course...but it's all there otherwise. check out Pet.meds.com I'm sure you are familiar with how to give the injections...so I'd check it out. :) there are many online pet supply stores with the vaccines for comparison shopping. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone that does not know how to properly administer the injection, or anyone that doesn't absolutely understand the vaccine schedule/dosage..etc. Anyone not sure...see your vet!

Members online

No members online now.