Warlock Doberman!

M

Manchesters

Sorry About That

Being a breeder/exhibitor of 30 years, I did not realize that the legitimate, legal term for a female purebred dog was not permitted to be used on this forum. Imagine my surprise when I saw that word *****'d out on my very first post to this forum. Most embarassing!!!!! Guess I shall have to limit myself to "boy dogs" and "girl dogs", rofl.

Carole

S

stirder

int he 80's I beleive, there was a male doberman named Warlock. he was a large dobie from German bloodlines. he was bred to a ton of females because of his titles and lines. back yard breeders claimed to have "warlock dobermans" because of the short lived popularity of this male. thus began the myth of the warlock doberman. dobies are not meant to be that large, it is unhealthy and you can bet your life that health took a back seat in the breeding of any oversized doberman, gsd, etc. and nearly all dobermans bred in the USA have some of Warlock somewhere in there ancestry, may not show up on pedigree but its back there somewhere. and by large in reference to warlock (the titled male, not the myth) he was well within the standard. most of the byb "warlocks" are over standard.

bridey_01

Kelpiefied
Well, I would say with the "warlock" i met, that all of the dobe had been bred out of him! He was definetly like a golden or lab temperament wise, goofy and over-friendly.

Members online

No members online now.