Am I the only one who thinks this is cool?

Well. . . ?

• I would flame you if you got one. Actually, I'm flaming you in the comments right now.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

noludoru

Bored Now.
Can you post the eBay link, please?
I'm now trying to find a merle poodle on eBay or kijiji. This is your fault. Actually, everything is your fault.

EDIT: Nope, can't find one. Sadface. I totally saw an ad for St Bernard/Poodle mixes, though. My reaction was "WANT!!!!!!" Besides, by the time they're 3-4 years old and get dumped in a shelter, I'll be able to snatch one up! Perfect timing.

I like this multiple choice poll. I want six of them.
Then donate Wesley for the breedings. We can steal Zinga, too.

Last edited:

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
I'm now trying to find a merle poodle on eBay or kijiji. This is your fault. Actually, everything is your fault.
Well you listed eBay as a choice on your poll. If I can't actually buy one on eBay, it should have never been an option. :D

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
mmmmmm tinned fish *drools*

i have a horrible awful merle fetish. i seek out things that people have made merles and i lust for them and want them. iv actually purchased two merle "pit bulls" and had a deposit in for a merle "frenchie". i would scream and die if i had a merle poodle

how are these things even made? i mean the merle frenchies i saw LOOKED like frenchies. they were typey. littermates were typey. they didnt look like chihauhauh mixes. the merle cockers look like cockers, they dont have sheltie coat or sheltie heads. how are people getting things with merle that LOOK legit (cuz we all know they aint)

I WANT A MERLE POODLE *throws a tantrum* I WANNA MERLE ERRTHANG

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
Meh. Different looking for sure, I would definitely do a double take if I saw it walking down the street, but if we're talking preferences, I like standard poodle colours. Don't tell Ned, but I tend to prefer solid to merle! The flaming option sounded too aggressive LOL so I voted cookies because they sound DELICIOUS.

Saeleofu

mmmmmm tinned fish *drools*

i have a horrible awful merle fetish. i seek out things that people have made merles and i lust for them and want them. iv actually purchased two merle "pit bulls" and had a deposit in for a merle "frenchie". i would scream and die if i had a merle poodle

how are these things even made? i mean the merle frenchies i saw LOOKED like frenchies. they were typey. littermates were typey. they didnt look like chihauhauh mixes. the merle cockers look like cockers, they dont have sheltie coat or sheltie heads. how are people getting things with merle that LOOK legit (cuz we all know they aint)

I WANT A MERLE POODLE *throws a tantrum* I WANNA MERLE ERRTHANG
Merle may have been thrown in far enough back that the dog now looks like whatever breed it's supposed to be, but retains the merle-ness.

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
Merle may have been thrown in far enough back that the dog now looks like whatever breed it's supposed to be, but retains the merle-ness.
true

this dog pictured above looks far and away better than ALL of the results i got when i googled "merle poodle"

where did that picture come from?

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
Meh. Different looking for sure, I would definitely do a double take if I saw it walking down the street, but if we're talking preferences, I like standard poodle colours. Don't tell Ned, but I tend to prefer solid to merle! The flaming option sounded too aggressive LOL so I voted cookies because they sound DELICIOUS.
Pretty much this. I prefer merle on shorter coats like catahoulas. I voted cookies too!

noludoru

Bored Now.

*snip*how are people getting things with merle that LOOK legit?
SO GLAD I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE. I WANT A MERLE FLUFFY THINGY SO BAD.

Anyway, they're doing it by lots and lots of breeding back to the original breed. This poodle is probably 3-6 generations removed from the merle breed. All they need is one. I looked on the dog's pedigree and half of it isn't even registered on both sides.

Too aggressive for you, maybe, but I'm actually expecting it before too long. Let's face it, this is chaz. We're super pro-breeder in comparison to how this forum was 5 years ago, but still pretty anti-mutt breeding.

true

this dog pictured above looks far and away better than ALL of the results i got when i googled "merle poodle"

where did that picture come from?
Pinterest. Search "part poodle" and scroll.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
I love pumpkin cookies. Want.

While I like quite a few individual dogs that are merle, I generally prefer solid dogs. And honestly the semi lethal aspect of merle makes me wish it didn't exist.

Flashy though.

Just watch, now I'll end up with a merle dog next. The universe just works like that :p

While I like quite a few individual dogs that are merle, I generally prefer solid dogs. And honestly the semi lethal aspect of merle makes me wish it didn't exist.
+1, it also makes me wish it would stop getting introduced to breeds.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Oddly enough, UKC just added that eff Jan 1, 2014, this is a DQ in all Poodle sizes and varieties:

Merle coloring.
Blue eyes, or any variation of, including flecks and marbling.
My understanding is that it is not a naturally-occurring color in Poodles, and was introduced by some herding breed being mixed in.

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
Oddly enough, UKC just added that eff Jan 1, 2014, this is a DQ in all Poodle sizes and varieties:

My understanding is that it is not a naturally-occurring color in Poodles, and was introduced by some herding breed being mixed in.
as is the case in all magical merle instances

my coworker has a theory that it was OES, which has a similar enough coat type to poodles that you wouldnt get "doodle hair" from those crosses

noludoru

Bored Now.

Flashy though.

Just watch, now I'll end up with a merle dog next. The universe just works like that :p
I might be threadjacking my own thread here, but other than breeding merlexmerle because you're an idiot, what's lethal about it?

Yep! Any poodle that's merle is a mutt somewhere down the line. So, this dog is definitely a mutt, and the breeder is trying to pass it off as a purebred poodle. Half the 'pedigree' is missing. It's hilarious.

That was why I added the 'flaming' option. I've already admitted that I like goldendoodles, and now posting a thread about a merle poodle being awesome is probably going to foster resentment.

Red Chrome

I have to say that as a groomer, I loathe most doodles. Labradoodles and Goldendoodles. We see so many with health issues, NASTY temperaments and allergies. Most of them have more of the poodle coat around here. It is just gross. I seriously have no idea why people consider them a "breed" as they're NOT. They're mutts. Plain and simple mutts.

The merle coloring is cool looking but........just what the world needs more ill temperamented doodle type dogs.

Members online

No members online now.