My Brindle 'Houlas

I had a guy tell me he really liked my brindle Catahoulas. And that he knew a guy with a toy one just like Didgie.

…….

So here are my Brindle Catahoulas!

IMG_8486 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

He also threw in that no one can tell that his broad headed, black and tan, short furred and tailed dog is a Australian Shepherd. Which by the way are called Australian Shepherds because they will only herd Australian Sheep. I walked away after that.

Not touching!

IMG_8134 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

Don't you just want to cuddle him?

IMG_8419 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

Koolie in a tree

IMG_8046 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

IMG_7604 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

She's so pretty

IMG_8129 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

And he is my Loon

IMG_8550 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

IMG_7982 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

Hot puppy was hot. 100 degrees is not ok with my AUSTRALIAN dogs. Wimps.

IMG_8094 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

Creeper

IMG_7898 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

*more*

IMG_8616 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

IMG_7608 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

He's really loving his bumper. And so am I, so much easier to see when he drops it in the grass

IMG_7875 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

I love this dog

IMG_8450 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

IMG_7803 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

So dignified

IMG_7716 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

IMG_8505 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

IMG_7567 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

What Traveler goes through daily. Having his face bitten. All. The. Time.

IMG_8669 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

I really love these two

IMG_7782 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

All done!

FG167

Lovely! You have a really nice place to go there, I am so jealous! Love the "brindling" on your dogs too ;)

SaraB

So jealous of your brindle houlas.

BTW, Didgie looks gorgeous!! Very pretty girl, love that arched neck on her (yes I am a dane person). Traveler just cracks me up.

JacksonsMom

Lol, where can I get me some brindle Catahoulas? Cuz those SURE are cute.

I love the one of Traveler standing up. They're an awesome pair.

Xandra

LOVE the last pic and 7892!!! They look awesome and especially when Didgie is grown yOure going to have two very svelte muscular dogs.

houlahoops

You know we could make some right purty babies if we bred your brindle 'Houla and my Aussie...just sayin' =P

But seriously. They are so cute and you are an excellent photographer! It's hard to capture things moving at warp speed!!!

Edit: the idea of a toy 'Houla makes me want to barf and hide in a corner singing Kumbaya. Our saving grace has always been that they are too big to fit in the dishwasher, under the mower, through gate gaps, etc.

Upendi&Mina

Mainstreme Elitist
They are gorgeous.

But to play devil's advocate, aussies can come in black and tan although it isn't all that common and working bred dogs don't tend to carry a lot of coat. Although given the fact that the dog is tailed, I doubt it. And I honestly lol'd at them only herding australian sheep...Cara didn't get that memo.

Little sisters are hard. LOL.
Preach!

So jealous of your brindle houlas.

BTW, Didgie looks gorgeous!! Very pretty girl, love that arched neck on her (yes I am a dane person). Traveler just cracks me up.
You totally are and it makes me laugh

LOVE the last pic and 7892!!! They look awesome and especially when Didgie is grown yOure going to have two very svelte muscular dogs.
I hope so! Didgie needs to grow into her body. Puppies are fun but I enjoy fully grown dogs a lot.

You know we could make some right purty babies if we bred your brindle 'Houla and my Aussie...just sayin' =P

But seriously. They are so cute and you are an excellent photographer! It's hard to capture things moving at warp speed!!!

Edit: the idea of a toy 'Houla makes me want to barf and hide in a corner singing Kumbaya. Our saving grace has always been that they are too big to fit in the dishwasher, under the mower, through gate gaps, etc.
I use the hope and pray method for those speed pictures :rofl1: And the take a million and hope two come out right

And yeah, I really really don't like how many people know what Catahoula's are....well at least in theory they know. It's going to be Houla's downfall that they come in merle. It's one of the reasons I'm kinda like "STAY AWAY" with Koolies. Merle is pretty

They are gorgeous.

But to play devil's advocate, aussies can come in black and tan although it isn't all that common and working bred dogs don't tend to carry a lot of coat. Although given the fact that the dog is tailed, I doubt it. And I honestly lol'd at them only herding australian sheep...Cara didn't get that memo.
Oh I know they come in black and tan, but this dog was smooth coated (as in a little shorter coat than Traveler) with a giant thick tail and a very thick head.

And I giggled a lot at the Australian Sheep thing. I wonder if that means German Shepherds and English Shepherds follow the same rule

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Voodoo is not impressed by your brindle 'houlas.

*raised eyebrow*

I think they're quite adorable, though. ;)

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
So where do I order my brindle 'houla? Is there a wait list?

houlahoops

And yeah, I really really don't like how many people know what Catahoula's are....well at least in theory they know. It's going to be Houla's downfall that they come in merle. It's one of the reasons I'm kinda like "STAY AWAY" with Koolies. Merle is pretty
Luckily around here people see them as "don't touch just pig dogs" kind of critters. It doesn't enter into many peoples' minds as a pet-type animal. The nice thing about that is that you have very few apartment folks picking out a Catahoula pup (and being shocked when it rips the sink out of the wall), but unfortunately it means lots of good pups with no working drive get culled.

I think you should start making up breeds when people ask you. I told someone Bailey was a heffalump one time and the woman asked me if I imported him directly from Germany or if they bred them here.

Equinox

I love this photo thread so much, it's SO wonderful to see Didgie and Traveler together and how much fun they have with you. Perfect pair. Even if, you know, you apparently got ripped off and got a pair of brindle Catahoulas instead.

Also, you and Kay have inspired me to teach Trent to climb trees (or at least pose on them :D ). He's has more lumbering brute than agile grace, but it's worth a shot :rofl1:

ETA: I also didn't get to say this before, but holy crow am I glad you have a camera again.

Members online

No members online now.