I Don't Know Which One...??

:cool: Hey, Well Im Getting My Very First Puppy And My Dad Says That We Can Get A "Siberian Husky" But I've Been Reading On Here, That If You Get A Siberian Husky As Your First Dog, There Hard To Look After, So We Decided That Maybe We Could Get A: "Golden Retrever, Or We Can Still Get A Siberian Husky!"
So Please Can You Reply Back To Me Deciding On Which One I Get As My First Puppy :D Thank-You :)

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Hiya - Sibe are NOT an easy dog, and you would have to do LOTS of research before getting one.

Go and ask people who own them, get books, etc etc etc.

I know someone who has 2 huskies, and yes, they are her 1st dogs... so it is possible, but hard work!!

bubbatd

Really depends on your life style . Goldens are very easy going .

hollybea

i wish more people would look into how suitable a breed is for them before buying it, its good to know you understand that not all dogs are the same.
do your research then decide and always be prepared to get advise.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
I had a husky and I would not suggest them for beginners. They are a very dominant, independent, breed. Ours was 2 when we got her and wasn't potty trained and was never potty trained the whole time she was with us. I have heard that potty training them is difficult. Goldens are usually really good family dogs but that depends on the breeder and everything. The first thing you are going to want to do is find a GOOD breeder for BOTH of those breeds and talk to them. Good luck.

Brattina88

maybe you can tell us a little bit about your lifestyle and we can suggest a breed for you ;)

Does your Dad have any experiance with dogs?

I ditto the others...

makka619

^^ That is an idea, the more information you can provide about your lifestyle and wants for a dog will help the experienced and knowledgable people here to guide you in the right direction.

I agree with hollybea, good on you for doing your research! :D

I've Neve Had A Dog/Puppy Before, So Basically This Is Like my first time owning a dog. But i'm doing loads of research on them.
I Sometimes Go To The School Libary And Get Books Out From There, And I Also Ask My Freinds Because Some Of Them Have Dogs And Im Sure That They Are Expericence At These Things.
Oh And One More .. I Also Search The Internet For Infomartion Aswell.
So Theres A Little About Me Getting A Dog Lol :D

Goldens, are very easy going, and wonderful dogs! You should do research on them. :) Look at my avatar, itn't she a cutie? But, they are very easy to train. :) Good luck! Like the others have said, do what is good for YOUR lifestyle. :) Much luck though. :D

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist
A husky is probley not right for your first dog. I have owned two Sibes and one Sibe mix all were great dogs but not for first timers. Don't get me wrong I am completely in love with the breed. But almost everyone I know who has gotten as husky as their first dog or first "Challenging breed" have had problems. A golden may be the way to go. Just remember any breed can have problems.

Members online

No members online now.