Hot Commodity

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Brought home five antlers for four dogs. Gave Ozzy and Enzo theirs in their crates, since Ozzy is currently being a jerk about everything.

Knox and Indy are roaming the house and they got one apiece. Knox comes back in the kitchen and asks for the last one left on the table. Since it was the biggest, I told him I'd trade him and went to find his. Couldn't find it, looked under the couch wasn't there, didn't feel like investigating too much further and I figured he'd lost it, it would turn up eventually, and gave him the big one.

He comes back like five minutes later asks for another one. Now I'm thinking, what the hell dog??

So I get BACK up to look for it the two I gave him. Not on the dog bed in the living room, not on the sofa, not UNDER the sofa, back of the house is shut off, downstairs/basement door is shut, so he can't have snuck it to his crate, when I hear Indy chewing contentedly away in the kitchen under the table.

I go into the kitchen and I'm looking at her, and I see that she has the biggest one I brought home. This makes me go hmmmmmmmmmmm, so I call her over to me and she refuses to get up. :p Lightbulb.

Pick the skinny little bitch up and she was laying on the other two. Had both the ones she'd take from Knox as well as the one I'd given her. So now punishment is you get tethered to the table to enjoy the ONE I gave you, while Knox enjoys his wherever he wants, ALONE.

What a devious little dog. There was no scuffle, no little flurry of any sort of activity. I think she just walked over to him and said "that's mine pal, hand it over" and he did. Which is strange, because he will.not.give her the ball. Guess the kong ball ranks over an antler. :p

Saeleofu

I think she just walked over to him and said "that's mine pal, hand it over" and he did.
That's exactly how it works with Gavorche and Logan. If Gavroche wants want Logan has, he hands it over, and then sits there and looks pathetic lol.

Antlers are a hit here. I'm down to one small one and it's getting close to being done, so I need to get some more when I'm at the training center Friday ($5 for a good sized hunk of antler! **** yeah!). I have to pick the really really dense/hard ones for Gavroche because he powers through the softer ones in minutes.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Holy crap. They last a good couple months here. The one I bought at a dog show was an elk antler I think, it lasted nearly six months before Ozzy decided it needed to be destroyed.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Wow, I have bought 3, ever. LOL They are still around. I stuffed one in a black kong and now it just jingles (or would if it was metal) and two are at the bottom (and I keep trying to put them at the top) of our toy bucket. Once in a blue moon a dog picks them up, chews, and then moves on. We have about 1,000 marrow bones that get eaten regularly but those antlers are so unloved.

I like this girl. ;)

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
lol. Ozzy wouldn't touch them for the longest, Enzo either. Brought Knox home last year (holy crap it's almost been a year!) and he loved them. Once he started chewing them, it was like Oz and Zo decided they liked them too.

I always buy one more than I have dogs, for whatever reason. Last time I bought them was at the begining of February I think? We order them through work in bulk, works out to be around five bucks a pop for them. I consider it twenty five dollars well spent if it keeps them occupied, leaving each other alone in the house, and helps clean their back teeth, because I hate scraping and scaling them. :p

I was so mad when I bought the elk antler. I spent like fifteen dollars on it at a dog show because Enzo loved it there, kept trying to take it away from me all day, ect. Get home and the bitch wouldn't touch it, even smeared it with peanut butter. They just licked that off and left it, until Knox came along. Now they all hoard them. :p

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
ROFL. Not for a long long long long time. One of these has to at least be ten before I get another one. :p

Though, realistically, Ozzy is six this year. Enzo is five next February.... :p

Members online

No members online now.