I need names

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier

for now...fire still in the hole...two birds dead. lesighs.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i give up, I just broke my best one ....thats' three..becasue my kiln is not right..I give up. At this point it is either good enough or it is not.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I also love the birds :D Fab, I'd have them on my mantel.

The pots remind me of dragon eggs :D

Taqroy

The pots remind me of dragon eggs :D
I was going to say that! I especially love the picture of the second one you posted, it looks like it has rainbows inside. :) And the trio of birdies? AWESOME!

What's wrong with your kiln? It sucks that some of them broke. :(

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I need to make more clay buttons and bisque them and then wire the kiln blanket back up. IT has a fat roll at the bottom, just enough to catch the edge of the shelf and dump the whole shebang on the ground. I tried using my little electric kiln pushed to the front of the door, with two owls in it..a lady told me she did this, so i gave it a go. I opened it up, grabbed them quick tossed them in the can and shut the door to the kiln before any more cold air ran in. Don't know if it worked yet or not, still cooling.

I figured it doesn't hurt the brick of the raku kiln, so it shouldn't' hurt the brick to the electric kiln, it was only open less than a minute, so really hot air goes out, the cold air wouldn't have rushed in..at least at 3 am while i am running this over in my mind it made sense. I can only hope I am right. I love pyrometers. They make everything a billion times easier.

I don't' want to mess up my little electric kiln either. I need this whole Gallery walk, First Friday thing over with. I am not up to this and feel like it's taking big bites out of the ground I have gained. I would have rather done this a year from now. THat was my plan, but my son came up with this opportunity through his boss at work. I care more what he thinks of me (my Son) than anyone else on the planet and he had gone to such effort to suggest me to his boss. THey had a cancellation, or something fell out with the sculptor that they had planned and needed someone in less than a week. The fact that he is involved and helping makes this worth the toll it is taking.

So I have tried my best, and Ree is right, The kiln Gods do not like a rush and punished me brutally for my efforts. I am not a last minute person, I am a planned, done in plenty of time, person. THis is just making me crazy but it is almost over. Tomorrow is the big day.

I was told to enter that one you like Taqroy in the Topeka competition but I never have the 40 or so dollar entry fee. It's been sitting in a closet for 2 years waiting. THis is a very fancy gallery and that is by far my best piece bowl wise, even, and fired just right, so I put it in.

THe weather is suppose to be great tomorrow for the first time in more than a week and the 1st actually falls on Friday so they are expecting a big turnout. Wish me luck.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Got my mojo back...learned a lot..especially when there is a technical problem stop the presses.

I really like the results of a much slower fire. I am going to call a kiln store and find out, if it is doing no damage to my kiln I will do at least these pieces this way from now on.

Not a crack anywhere at all. For the next two I will try for multi color or black eyes.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
A couple are a foot or more at the opening...some are the size of a bowling ball, the black cracked bowl is the size of a grapefruit. They range, i started making them to store my pencils, clay tools and brushes which are ample. also the reason the sit at an angle for easy access. Thank you!

Members online