I know chaz is probably vibed out... but I could really, really use some

~Tucker&Me~

I have a 10 year old lovebird called Skittles, most of you have probably never seen or heard of him before because I have only posted a couple photos a long time ago. Anyway, he is REALLY sick... As in may not make it sick.

He is staying overnight at the vet after he started vomiting and being really listless. They took x-rays and have found out that his stomach is really distended and partially blocked so it could be

a) a foreign object
b) an infection that has created an abscess
c) a tumor

If it is a foreign object that can be passed with the laxatives and papaya abstract he is on that is the best scenario. If it is either of the other options than we would be looking at surgery, which is probably not a likely course of action... On top of being extremely expensive, it is a very high risk surgery for such a small bird.

Skittles was my first pet and I have had the little guy for 10 years. He is such an incredibly happy, sweet and personable little thing... 10 is up there in years but not THAT old either, so I feel like this is not his time to go.

So please, if you can spare ANY vibes I would be very appreciative :(

Skittles is the one on the left.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I'm sorry he is sick :( Lots of vibes that it will be easily passed, and ((((((hugs)))))) for you and anybody else who may need them

~Tucker&Me~

Hey everyone thank you so much for the kind thoughts... So the vet is not too hopeful, but I visited him today and he didn't look too bad. Tomorrow they are going to do another x-ray to see if the laxatives have done anything. I'll update this thread with the findings :)

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Lots of vibes for the little guy!! He is beyond cute,I love lovebirds!
**VIBES** AND ((HUGS)) For you!

~Tucker&Me~

Well, after several more diagnostic tests we had to face the fact that Skittles' options were surgery or euthanasia. Unfortunately the surgery is a long shot, would be really hard on a bird his size, and is quite expensive, so we have come to the difficult decision to euthanize him. I am heading to the vet's place in an hour and have no idea how I will have the strength to do this.

Thanks everyone for listening and reading - it meant a lot.

Members online

No members online now.