Update on senior chi

Sorry for the delay...this is the first time I have been able to get to the office and my laptop locked up at home...we made our trip to the vet and much to all of our surprise, his blood work came back good! He is actually improving more each day and becoming more responsive...it's almost like post traumatic stress syndrome...he still circles, but he now will leave the pattern and come to me when he sees me...he actually looks at me and it seems to register...he goes back for dental work and a full neurological work-up on the 17th...his appetite is still good...he sleeps a lot, but he walks with his tail up now and just has an overall look of relief...he is developing a personality as he settles in...he even licked my nose! I can assure you that he will live his last days with lot's of love and hopefully medication can relieve some of his symptoms and he can fully interact with us, but if not, it is still good to see him with a contented look in his eye! He is happy and that's what counts. I'll try and get some new pictures...I think you will really notice a difference in him.

Aussie Red

Rebel With Cause
I am so very happy to hear this and will still be getting you some help. Thank you for all you have done. I would love to see some pics of the sweet little guy.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Wow, I am so glad to hear that he is doing better! Good luck at the vet, and I can't wait to see updated pics of the little guy :D

Barb04

Super Moderator
What a warm feeling it give to your heart knowing how much love you are giving him and he is giving back to you. I'm so glad he's with you to enjoy his life.

T

tessa_s212

I'm SOO happy to hear this!! :)

Someone told me the other day that "Thank God that dog had you at the shelter". And what I said was Nope, thank God that dog came to my shelter. Because its opened up so many doors and new possibilities to "bridge the gap" between shelters and rescues with this humane society. :)

I still think you are absolutely wonderful for taking on the dogs that you do. It takes a big heart to take these guys in, never knowing how long they've got or how sick they really could be. Thankyou.

I'll be waiting for pictures. :D ;)

Members online

No members online now.