Look at my new baby

Lyzelle

And honestly, someone's thread introducing their new puppy is really not the time and place to lecture about your feelings on their breeder or that their dog is a subpar example of the breed. It seems there is no reason to bring this stuff up on this thread other than to be hurtful because someone did something you disagree with. I used to work with someone who did this sort of thing all the time when people brought in puppies they purchased from a pet store. The new puppy owners, who already love their new puppy were shown all sorts of AR puppy mill propaganda and shamed for their choice to support it. Some left crying. They left their first night of puppy class with their new puppy crying. Nothing was accomplished except that the new puppy owners felt attacked and hurt. And quite a few never returned :(
Again, my initial post contained a warning that most of these dogs are from BYB, and to watch for health and temperament. FYI for the future type of thing. Everyone else after, despite admitting to knowing little about Sibes, continued saying it wasn't a big deal, BUT they are so cute!, etc. So, yeah, it was really annoying to be sideswept by people who didn't know a thing about the breed, but all of a sudden knew ALL about woollies and how it's "not a big deal". Afterward I just kept answering questions that were posted HERE, although apparently I am the one that needs to post the new thread?

I still think everyone got their panties in a bunch just because this is an old member with a cute puppy. My initial post, and all the posts directed to me in this thread, that I answered, weren't all that bad. Unless people were purposefully trying to get the last, sarcastic word and I was baited into replying, thus me getting the flack.

And people are STILL replying to me here, but they aren't being asked to create a new thread. If you don't want me to reply, stop posting towards me and focus on the fuzzy butt! Create a new thread and I'll answer everything there.

goldiefur

I do understand where Lyzelle is coming from but he is just going to be a pet and I read so much about huskies before buying him and when I figured out the parents might be woolies before I purchased him I read everything about that just to make sure they were not more prone to hip or eye problems or other genetic issues and it always came back to the coat is just not ideal for working sibes in alaska because they MAY not dry as fast. I will say that the water beads off of his fur and he dries very very quickly. He blow dries in a quarter of the time the Goldens do and the Goldens really just never get totally dry. I always wash the goldens first thing in the morning just to be assured they will be dry at night.

This dog has the sweetest temperment and I find more mature then the Goldens were! I do have him using pee pads and going outside and he has not ever had an accident in the house. I keep a pad upstairs in the bathroom and one by the back door in case he can't make it. He is such a great dog! I brought him to the vet today for his shots and people in traffic at red lights stopped to say how gorgeous he is and to ask where I got him.

Anyway if I would have thought he was more prone to genetic problems I would not have gotten him and he will be getting fixed like all my other dogs were.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Well, I just wanted to say that I love his eyebrows. They make me smile.

Anddd, after 11 pages, I remembered why I don't usually post much about anything as flaming may occur. Sheesh. This forum is a lot better than most from what I have seen, but still.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
That is such a cute pup! I can't wait for more puppy pics, and hopefully you'll be posting so I can lurk and see them! ^_^

I remembered why I don't usually post much about anything as flaming may occur. Sheesh. This forum is a lot better than most from what I have seen, but still.
One of the big reasons I rarely post anymore as well.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I am late to this this thread and read some but not all replies. All I can say is congrats on your new Pup. It is a lucky pup to find such a good forever home. very pretty, know nothing about huskies, just glad a pup gets a real home where good food, good vetting, and happiness are pretty much a given.

monkeys23

So... gonna teach him to be a lead dog and have a three dog team once he and the whities grow up? LOL

Members online

No members online now.