Who are you buying your puppy from?

Bolerame

Bolerame Boxers Reg'd
Hi Sylvia,

Everything you said was correct except for one. We are a hobby breeder and breed and show quality Boxer dogs. We rarely have the sire on site. Because we are always looking for new bloodlines to add, we, more often than not, will look outside of our own kennel for a male who has something that will improve upon what we already have.

~Tucker&Me~

Hi Sylvia,

Everything you said was correct except for one. We are a hobby breeder and breed and show quality Boxer dogs. We rarely have the sire on site. Because we are always looking for new bloodlines to add, we, more often than not, will look outside of our own kennel for a male who has something that will improve upon what we already have.
For the record, I am leery of breeders who always use their own dogs for breedings. I think it is unlikely that a dog who lives in the same household is going to be the perfect match (out of all the other possible studs on the market), and it makes me more confident in a breeder when they are reaching beyond their own dogs to find a mate that would compliment their dog and possibly improve areas they could be weaker in. I just can't help but think that breeders frequently breeding only their own dogs in their breeding programs may not be doing as much research as they should. I could be wrong, I am sure that is not always the case... But generally, I *like* seeing breeders looking beyond their own animals to improve their stock :)

I have 4 dogs. 3 of them we have had in our family for over 5 yrs. They are larger mix breed dogs that we adopted from the local shelter. 1 of them, our boy Jake, was actually on death row. A three time loser and had only days left. I will be honest, he wasn't the dog that we were going to adopt. But after the animal tech told us his story, we couldn't leave him. We love all our animals (2 ferrets included) and Domino, the only purebred dog we have ever purchased from a breeder, is no more or less loved.

Cracknel

Sometimes it happens that dogs find me, but not I do that. All my dogs were found by chance

Members online