Your favorite shampoo and conditioner

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
I'm showing Keeva UKC in a few weeks. Do you guys (especially those that show) have a favorite shampoo and (rinse out) conditioner? Nothing leave-in as that's against the rules in UKC. I'd especially like something that will brighten her red and whites, so a good color enhancing shampoo would be ideal.

Thanks!

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
We have quite a few people who show that come in to buy Isle of Dogs stuff from us. LOVE the smell, but haven't personally used it myself.

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
I've had Isle of Dogs recommended but I just can't swing $25 for a medium sized bottle. :eek: I know it's supposed to be really nice though.

Toller_08

It's expensive, but I love Isle of Dogs for Dance. It's probably good for the Dobes too, but I won't use it on them because the bottle I got was pretty pricey for the size. Otherwise, I've had good results with Bark 2 Basics stuff also. And most of the time I just use heavily diluted dawn dish soap followed by a good dog conditioner (can't think of the brand I'm using at the moment and am not home to check, but I love it!) and get the same results.

Show people might have other/better suggestions, though.

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
You guys are just determined to make me spring for Isle of Dogs, huh? :p We'll see what my next paycheck brings.

Toller_08

It's not completely miraculous or anything, but I also heard tons of good things about it and decided I should try it. It makes Dance super soft and clean feeling and seems to leave her extra shiny. I've had similar results with other shampoos, but the Isle of Dogs works slightly better somehow. Not a must have IMO, but definitely worth a try just to say you did! I can't imagine if it was my main shampoo. I'd go through a tiny bottle in no time with three dogs bathed monthly, haha.

Saeleofu

I've heard very good things abotu Blueberry Facial. I know someone who shows corgis in UKC and AKC and she says it whitens and makes colors brighter. I have not tried it myself yet.

I use a horse whitening shampoo and some sort of color enhancing shampoo. I'll check later to see what brands they are.

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
I use a horse whitening shampoo and some sort of color enhancing shampoo. I'll check later to see what brands they are.
I've used both Quic Color and Rio Vista on horses and really liked the results. Rio Vista makes color enhancing dog shampoo and I was thinking about just getting some of that.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
I love Bio Groom shampoo. :) It's all I use currently. Smells sooo good.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
I like Nature's Specialties, specifically the Almond Crisp formula for pretty much every dog I own. I've been told Cindra is good for corgi coats, but I found it to be awfully drying.

I've never been impressed with Isle of Dogs. I find most of the formulas soften the coat too much, and the reps don't know what kind of shampoo to recommend for each breed. Cardis and Pems aren't supposed to have soft coats.

Kat09Tails

*Now with Snark*
As a groomer I like Groomer's Edge and Tropiclean Spa line. The actual shampoo type depends on the dog's coat type. I have several shampoos for all the dogs here depending on their coat types and needs.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
I'm a huge fan of Earthbath. Mango Tango- it smells wonderful and makes Millie's coat soo shiny and soft. For her the baths are worth it because I snuggle and smell her for about an hour. :eek:

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
I'm a huge fan of Earthbath. Mango Tango- it smells wonderful and makes Millie's coat soo shiny and soft. For her the baths are worth it because I snuggle and smell her for about an hour. :eek:
^ Yup, same here! So much love for Earthbath Mango Tango. But it's definitely on the simpler side, so it may not be ideal for shows.

JacksonsMom

I like Minksheen and Chris Christensen.

I don't care much for Tropiclean, and a few others I've tried from Petsmart/Petco - I like for him to smell really good for days after his bath, and the ONLY shampoo/conditioner I've found does that is Minksheen and Chris Christensen.

But not everyone loves the smell of Minksheen - it's kind of a cologne-y type smell, but it's shampoo/conditioner in one. It does have some insect repellent apparently in it too. I LOVE the conditioner from CC.

I find with Jackson that the shampoo doesn't so much matter, but the conditioner definitely does. Conditioner determines how shiny he's going to be and how good he'll smell.

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
For the horses' white markings, we use original liquid Tide. Heard the trick from a lady who breeds and shows poodles. It's cheap, works really well, and is mild too!

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
I like Minksheen and Chris Christensen.

I don't care much for Tropiclean, and a few others I've tried from Petsmart/Petco - I like for him to smell really good for days after his bath, and the ONLY shampoo/conditioner I've found does that is Minksheen and Chris Christensen.

But not everyone loves the smell of Minksheen - it's kind of a cologne-y type smell, but it's shampoo/conditioner in one. It does have some insect repellent apparently in it too. I LOVE the conditioner from CC.

I find with Jackson that the shampoo doesn't so much matter, but the conditioner definitely does. Conditioner determines how shiny he's going to be and how good he'll smell.

Cologney anything is a big no-no for UKC. I don't even use finishing spray on my dogs when I show UKC, because it has a slight odor to it. If the judge can smell product on your dog, you're in trouble. :)

Saeleofu

Cologney anything is a big no-no for UKC. I don't even use finishing spray on my dogs when I show UKC, because it has a slight odor to it. If the judge can smell product on your dog, you're in trouble. :)
I use a mink oil spray conditioner usually, but for that very reason I don't use it for shows. It smells VERY strong.

I just looked, before shows I use Tropiclean Kava Color Enhance Shampoo and Weaver Leather whitening shampoo.

SaraB

I love Chris Christensen's Day to Day shampoo, it was the only shampoo that doesn't make Classic flakey as all can be the day after a bath. Seeing as though I always bathed him before a show, he would wind up flakey when I desperately needed him to be shiny.

Members online

No members online now.