Peeing in the House

mojozen

bullie lover
Mojo has been peeing in the house a lot lately. This is not something he does as he has always been very well housebroken. He's also been drinking a lot more water than he usually does. He's also been more "needy..." of me lately.

So of course I freak out. And this morning after talking to my vet on the phone I am to collect a urine sample from my dog. I am being told it won't be too hard - but considering how low to the ground Mojo is and the fact he has to squat... I'm not looking forward to this feat.

I am hoping that the urine test will come out negative and these are just all signs of something that is stressing him. BUT I don't like to take risks with my dog's health... so anytime he does the least bit abnormal thing I run him to the vet with profuse apologies if it turns out to be nothing.

One thing that I can think of that could be stressing him is that my boyfriend is in the process of moving out because we've been arguing more, but we only argued this past friday. Yet, Mojo has peed several times this week on the carpet and once in his crate -- it's just too abnormal for him in my opinion.

Yes... so any other ideas of what it could be? I'm off to now collect urine in a tupperware container. Wish me luck. :eek:

shepluvr

Sounds like a urinary tract infection....If it is it usually clears up readily with antibiotics. So sorry to hear that he is not feeling well! :( Hopefully he will be better soon.
p.s. Sorry to hear about your boyfriend too.:(

mojozen

bullie lover
PS: Well getting Mojo's urine was easier than I thought. So I rushed over the sample to my vet. Now I wait for the test results. If it comes back abnormal I have a vet visit to get to today. If it comes back okay then I just have to apologize a lot and pay...

The one good thing of this is I now know exactly how much he weighs again - 44.3lbs. Now I just have to this summer take the last 2.3 lbs off of him to get him at what the Vet thought last year would be a good weight for him to maintain. He starts the switch from Innova Adult to Innova EVO today. :D

mojozen

bullie lover
shepluvr said:
Sounds like a urinary tract infection....If it is it usually clears up readily with antibiotics. So sorry to hear that he is not feeling well! :( Hopefully he will be better soon.
p.s. Sorry to hear about your boyfriend too.:(
Thanks. I am hoping it's either stress or a UTI. If it was something much worse then I'd be even more worried because I am pretty clueless how to treat most other things.

If it's stress then boyfriend needs to finish moving out... so I can rebalance my home environment for Mojo (and mine's) sake. Boyfriend and I will still be dating and he will still be coming over, but he moved in too quickly... and our relationship has suffered for it. He, the boyfriend, knows one thing though - Mojo is my first priority... ;)

Sounds like you've taken care of having your furbaby checked...poor little guy UTI's are not fun. He may be sensing stress from you as well ... dogs are very intune with how we are feeling. Hope all goes well (once the bfriend is gone ) then you can have a glass of wine and cuddle Mojo!! :)

mojozen

bullie lover
Update - Mojo's test came back negative. So, I am to work on his stress levels and try to lower them again. Bach's Flowers (rescue formula) was recommended to try and de-stress him. I will be trying that shortly. :)

shepluvr

I am glad the tests came back negative. If he still doesn't improve please go back to the vet. there is a condition called sterile cystitis. the urine tests would come back neg if he has this. I don't want to panic you by any means.(and it is not a serious condition) just keep it in the back of your head. let him settle down first and see how things go. Please let me know how he is doing.((((speedy recovery Mojo!))))

Oh, thank goodness! I just read this thread and was afraid it would be diabetes! Thirst and frequent urination is a sign. Keep us posted!

Members online

No members online now.