Finally decided on my next breed of dog

Muttkip

LABRADERP!
I have finally settled on my next breed of dog, that will most likely I'll be getting in the next 2ish years or after Beau passes on.

A RedBone Coonhound. I've gone back and forth on many breeds of dogs for m next dog and narrowed down a short list to the APBT, the American Bulldog, another Cur, a Beagle, or a Coonhound.

I've settled on the Redbone Coonhound. I can't stay away from the hound dogs, they're perfect for me. I love the bay, I love the history, the ears, the personality, EVERYTHING about hounds SCREAMS the perfect dog for me.

I've done a lot of research on the breed over the years after falling in love with the breed after reading Where the Red Fern grows. And the breed has been on my list of breeds to someday own. And after spending years researching other breeds I've finally picked this breed.

I wanted my next dog to be on the bigger side in the 55-70lb range that is great with kids, trainable but also stubborn, hardy, gentle in temperament but has prey drive and can get up and go. I wanted a dog I could possibly hunt with from squirrels to coons to possibly even deer maybe. I wanted a dog with an independent streak to it but wasn't above being cuddly with me on the couch. I also wanted that beautiful bay.

Now I wouldn't pass up on a good Beagle if the timing was right, but the Redbone suits my needs for my next dog to a tee!

But before everyone jumps on me, I'm not getting this dog ANY TIME SOON! I'm jut expressing my excitement over finally picking the breed.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Glad you've decided. When the time comes for you to get your next dog, you'll have to share lots of pics!

gapeach

Big Mutts
I love the movie and think coonhounds are an amazing breed.

They are an amazing breed! Near and very very dear to my heart, I doubt I could ever own the breed again (loosing Romeo was just way to hard) but I love hanging out with other peoples :D Have any breeder ideas?

Muttkip

LABRADERP!
They are an amazing breed! Near and very very dear to my heart, I doubt I could ever own the breed again (loosing Romeo was just way to hard) but I love hanging out with other peoples :D Have any breeder ideas?

I'm thinking of getting a pup from a few local hunters. I just want a pet and if he comes from parents that can put a coon in a tree all the more better :D

I love coonhounds. I always have and have dreamed about owning one of each of my favorite varieties (B&T and Bluetick specifically). Glad you've chosen a breed for your future.

Dagwall

I've absolutely loved a handful of redbones who have come through the shelter I volunteer with. They are such great dogs.

Muttkip

LABRADERP!
I love coonhounds. I always have and have dreamed about owning one of each of my favorite varieties (B&T and Bluetick specifically). Glad you've chosen a breed for your future.
One day if we ever meet at the GA show I'll be sure to ring Banjo with me and you can play with him ;)

One day if we ever meet at the GA show I'll be sure to ring Banjo with me and you can play with him ;)
Definitely. I'm not sure what shows I'm hitting in the future but GA sounds doable. I was supposed to go to AL this past weekend but didn't. :(

I love the name Banjo. I shall have a Banjo too. Probably my next male dog. No lie. ;)

Muttkip

LABRADERP!
Definitely. I'm not sure what shows I'm hitting in the future but GA sounds doable. I was supposed to go to AL this past weekend but didn't. :(

I love the name Banjo. I shall have a Banjo too. Probably my next male dog. No lie. ;)
I go to the Ga show every year even though I'm not into APBT's as much as I used to be.

I love it to it's a nod to Beau's registered name :) though Dan and Cletus are on the list for Coonhound puppy names :)

Members online

No members online now.