Where would you like to visit and when?

Let's say you could visit a handful of places - anywhere you wanted and anytime you wanted. Would you go there in the future, or past or a particular era? and if it isn't too personal, why?

I'd visit...

Hong Kong in the 60's. Just out of a fascination with that era, for the simplicity of the times, for the fashion, for the sights...

Guangzhou and Shanghai in the 30's. To see where my grandparents grew up.

Russia in the mid 17th century. To see Catherine the Great's empire, soak up the sights and customs, and witness the splendor/squalor of everything during that period.

America (D.C, California, NYC, Connecticut, Hawaii, Arizona, Louisiana, and Virginia specifically) in the early 1800's and in the 70's. To see the New Republic and 70's Americana/Nostalgia.

Greece, Turkey, and the Middle East in Ancient times. Do I really need a reason? lol The richness of these places culturally is incredible at any given time though...

That's all that I can come up with for now. Let's hear everyone else's =)

Pops2

i'd like to have ridden along on Hwai Shan's trip to Fu-sang in the 5th century AD. i'd like to see the japhethic races rise & division in the kurgan homeland. ireland between 1st centurys BC & AD. the giants of the adena culture. homo florenses (the hobbit).
but mostly i'd love to take some good dogs back and hunt terror birds, longhorn bison, wisent, aurochs, smilodon, ground sloths, giant guinea pigs, cave bears, short face bears, aryan tigers, european lions, cave lions, north american cheetahs, tarpans, quaggas, mastadons & mammoths.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I wouldn't really like to adventure in the past.. lol being dark skinned AND being a girl didn't really set things in my favor back then. YAY FOR RACISM TOTALLY ELIMINATING THE POSSIBILITY OF ME WANTING TO GO ANYWHERE EARLIER THEN LIKE 80 YEARS AGO!

but I'd have a few placed I'd like to go presently/in the future..

- I really would love to see the Northern Lights

- Bolivia in the rainy season to see the salt flats. They say it's like the border between sky and earth

- Bora Bora. One of my favorite vacation spots.. I just want to lay in the sand lol

- The monarch butterfly migration in Mexico

- Would love to go to the dead sea and float about lol

- Hawaii. Learn to surf. See some sea turtles

- Brazil. I really woud love to go waterfall jumping

I've been to most other "places to go before you die" kind of international location already..africa, middle east, india, tokyo..and I'd love to visit those again obviously but I'd really love to see the above first!

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I really really want to go to Ireland and Scotland and Iceland. Like, today would be fine. Just because they're freaking gorgeous.

Could probably add Alaska to that list for the same reason.

GipsyQueen

Northern Europe - now and in the past. (Ireland, Scotland, Iceland, Sweden, Norway, Finland)

Japan.

I've been to about 43 US states - so the last 7, just to say I've been to all. ^^ (I'm missing Alaska, Idaho, Missouri, Montana, Wisconsin, Lousisiana and oddly, Texas.)

I'd like to see what Germany was like about 20 - 30 years ago, while the Berlin Wall was still up.

I would want to go to the times and places of mysterious events and see for myself wtf actually happened. Like Area 51 at the time of the alleged UFO crash, be present when the Patterson bigfoot video was shot... stuff like that. Because I'm nosy as hell. Other than that there isn't much in the past I necessarily want to visit... the good old days, usually aren't.

Also a land/sea (cruise + travel in the state) trip to Alaska would be just peachy.

Doberluv

I wouldn't really like to adventure in the past.. lol being dark skinned AND being a girl didn't really set things in my favor back then. YAY FOR RACISM TOTALLY ELIMINATING THE POSSIBILITY OF ME WANTING TO GO ANYWHERE EARLIER THEN LIKE 80 YEARS AGO!

- Bolivia in the rainy season to see the salt flats. They say it's like the border between sky and earth

- Bora Bora. One of my favorite vacation spots.. I just want to lay in the sand lol

I've been to most other "places to go before you die" kind of international location already..africa, middle east, india, tokyo..and I'd love to visit those again obviously but I'd really love to see the above first!

Can I go with you? :p Those look like some spectacular places!

Doberluv

I'd also like to visit various places in the US in the later 1800's.

Scotland, Ireland, England, German, Czech Republic. I'd also like to visit Spain...probably present day. Oh...I could think of all kinds of places that would be cool to visit.

Pops2

there are times & place in history where being brown was better than being white, like the iberian peninsula after the muslim conquest. during the golden age of islam the whole thing was VERY moderate the violent zealotry came later.

Toller_08

The first thing that popped into my head was: Australia! No idea where exactly in Australia, but it's just been somewhere I've wanted to visit for forever. Which is odd, seeing as I'm petrified of all their snakes and bugs and gigantic Crocodiles... but still, there is just something about it that draws me in.

That's my biggest one. Other than that, there are loads of other places I'd love to see and visit. I want to do a lot of travelling at some point. I want to see Ireland and Scotland, England, will probably go visit a long time family friend in Switzerland within the next few years, I want to see some of the US, parts of Africa, etc. Lots of places. And, add lots of warm places to that list. The less snow and ice I have to see in my life, the better!

And I'm just thinking about the present time. I am sure some things in the past would be interesting, but nothing inparticular came to mind.

Members online

No members online now.