woods vid

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I won't bore you with all of them but this one shows just how hilly it is and what a great place it is to excercise the dogs. SOmeone was living in that lean to during the summer but it is vacant now. How sad is that, it must have been horrible with the mosquitos and stinging nettles. No one has bothered to take it down for a month now and who knows, we might be there during a cloud burst and need a dry spot. I honestly think this little section of woods is just about the prettiest place around and am dang grateful I can take my dogs there almsot every day and no one complains.

SUre has buffed my Pepper and Victor up. Mary considers the creek the fountain of youth. She makes a bee line for it as soon as we get out of the car.
No place makes her happier.
03 video by smkie - Photobucket

Victor has got good enough he can run up the sides sideways. 89 video by smkie - Photobucket His balance is supreme

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I will say it is hard to get a decent video in the woods.:p Pepper is especially difficult. They are here and gone in a split second. I really like the way VIctor and Pepper are looking now. I have had to increase their food for they burn up a lot down there but it's all worth it.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
THank you! I am trying to give Mary the best year yet. I have been saying that for three years now.:) Victor and Pepper are both special needs children, they need to run more than any dogs I have ever had in the past. I could never walk either enough to satisfy their drive so I am especially grateful that I have found 4 places around here that I can take them to.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I watched it again and i am cracking up because he isn't even breathing hard. It is raining so hard right now so I know no one will be going anywhere for days. That creek is down right deadly when the water is high. When i was young the creek washed out the road, the railings, and the concrete embankment. Took a man's fence, shed and his dog. It was a real tragedy.

JoeLacy

You are such a wonderful doggy Mom, they are lucky to have you.

Mine wouldn't know what to do. City Slickers!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
:) THat is what my Jim use to call me. He would say "here comes the dooogggggyyy MaMa" when I would be coming in the room and they all would be following me. HE meant it in a nice way.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Aww, higgs was out with you! I know Sawyer would love a romp down there. We haven't gotten up to the mountains in a while because of weather and I haven't found my warm-enough clothes to make a jaunt out to Westy OS yet.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
DOes any of it look familiar to you zoom? I am not sure if I took you down here or not. We haven't been back to the other place because it is just too far and too hard on Mary. THis is about as far a walk as it is to the valley and she can handle it just fine. YOu can't use it at all in the summer, the mosquitoes alone would bleed you dry. I know we went back where the woods meet up with where the kennels use to be but i don't remember taking you here and I don't know why. It is really pretty. SAme creek, just different part. Jim and I went here all the time.

Higgs is really doing well. I heard he did his first shift at the guild last Saturday and other then a couple corrections to go lay down he was just about perfect.
I have a great vid of Victor and Higgs having a splash down race in the creek. Just haven't been able to get to my brother's to download. ONe day I am going to get this computer fixed!

Last edited:

Barb04

Super Moderator
Thanks for posting so many videos. I am enjoying watching Vic, Pepper & Mary. I feel like I'm right there with them.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
It took me months to get to a place where i could down load them. I thought about posting one now and again but that was just too hard. I wanted to get it done.

Members online

No members online now.