It's 20C (68F) today, Rosey and I are taking full advantage of it!

JessLough

Love My Mutt
So it's ridiculously hot for this time of the year, so Rosey and I went for a long walk. (side note, she got groomed on Monday, so no more bed head! And no more ridiculously furry feet)

This is where we went. It's in the "woods" about a 5 minute walk from my house... not sure I even knew this particular spot existed! I loved it, and wanted to sit down and have a picnic there, but, well, I had no food.

On the way there

I kept making her stop and pose for pictures. She was less than thrilled.

This bandana was one of 2 we got from Secret Santa 2011! It says "Cold Nose Warm Heart". And it's purple, which just immediately makes it win.

A lot of the posing pictures turned out like this...

So I eventually figured out why I never found this area before. I *thought* it would take me around to meet up with the bike path (and therefore the rest of the woods) at the crossing of the transit way. But no, it just brings you to above the bike path and transit way. Of course, I made her post there.

I was kind of glad it just took us around a circle, cause then I found out that we could get into *this* part of the creek. Much more private, so I could let her go in! She was super excited, she normally isn't allowed to go swimming in the creek til late April/early May, it's too cold.

Few more!

JessLough

Love My Mutt
She quickly discovered she can splash

Yes, she was trying to get into the rapids. No, I was not about to let her.

She really wanted to go into the deeper parts, where she actually has to swim

Posing

Directly underneath from where the first picture was taken. No, she was not allowed to be drinking the water...

Wondering if I'd notice if she jumped in the deeper water

Done!

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Omg I LOOOVE that 3rd to last picture right above the one where she's drinking the water. Looks like such a fun day :)

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
She looks so good! I usually groom the dogs and then decide I want to take them somewhere where they can get ridiculously dirty right after too :p

Toller_08

Rosie looks great! I always love seeing her. Looks like a nice walk, too. I can't believe your creek isn't frozen... makes me wonder if the one I walk at is thawed yet. I should go check it out. It's been pretty warm here and I wouldn't be surprised if it's not totally frozen anymore.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Rosey looks so pretty and what a great place for a walk! That stream looks awesome!

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Thanks guys! I think we may go exploring again today :D

Toller -- that part of the creek actually never freezes, I guess cause of "rapids". There's a part further down that does, so the ducks have to move to the other side during winter, though.

Members online

No members online now.