Played with some CPE courses

adojrts

LauraLeigh with Mindy and I took Petie too play on some CPE courses for the first time. Fun match with a CPE judge and some info on the classes etc.

Laura and Mindy did awesome especially for not seeing an agility course in a couple of years. They would have Q'd in each of her 3 runs, (we got scribe sheets as if it was real).

Same for Petie and I, would have Q'd in all our events, we had fun and the courses were almost my down fall because the lines too long without changes of sides or turning etc. Which allowed Petie to open up and get a long ways in front of me lol. The one class, Colours, ran like a huge speed circle. Boy did he have fun with that one, bloody near killed me :rofl1:
My biggest concern was this was my first outside event of the year and His Lordship got the zoomies at first and then forget what weaves were. Wonderful, considering we have Regionals in 2 wks. I have a trial next weekend, but can't go both days because I am judging at a terrier fun day on the Saturday.

Hopefully he got all that out of his system...............
Hopefully Petie runs better for me next weekend.........

Bear Luv

CEO of the Candy Cult
Dont you know Zoomies are fun! :rofl1:

Gooo Petie! It sounds like you guys had lots of fun! I hope you keep us updated on his next trial and of course Regionals :D

BostonBanker

The one class, Colours, ran like a huge speed circle. Boy did he have fun with that one, bloody near killed me
:rofl1: I never reallized it, but that is what that particular game ends up being most of the time. No wonder Meg loves it so much!

Glad to hear you guys had a good time. Tell Petie he's had his fun now, but he's an adult and needs to focus. Something tells me he's going to pull it off just fine. Good luck next weekend, and the one after!

adojrts

Dont you know Zoomies are fun! :rofl1:

Gooo Petie! It sounds like you guys had lots of fun! I hope you keep us updated on his next trial and of course Regionals :D
Thanks.

Zoomies was probably not the right thing to say, what happened was that the second ring was partly set in the woods. And when I took Petie into the ring, he was very distracted and air scenting. Considering that he is also a proven working terrier, in agility when he starts to flip his brain to hunting it generally isn't good lol.

First thing he did on the startline was not be focused on me, second he broke the start and took off to the back fence where he ran along it with that nose going.
Good thing is he did come back to me when called, then proceeded to lay down a nice run.

It is the price I pay for encouraging him to use his high prey drives and his hardwired instincts for hunting and he is a good reliable hunting dog and has been for years.

For years I have watched people take their Jrts/Prts for walks on the outer edges of the trial grounds on and off leash. I don't dare to with him, unless I was prepared to dig him out of the earth, if there (and there usually is) settes (in the earth dens for fox/ground hog etc). He is without doubt first and foremost a hunting dog that KNOWS his job and agility is a game. Given the choice he would hunt over doing anything else..............good dog.

Members online

No members online now.