Long Intro

Sixers

I have been on a huge roller coaster ride this past year as far as pets go. In September of 2004 I took in an 18 month old AB who turned out to be the love of my life but due to certain circumstances we had to re home her in December of this year. It has been really hard for me because I loved her like a child. Back in January 2006 I decided to release her to her previous owners because they were divorcing and her young son was really hurting. She thought that my AB would really help Joshua through it so I let her go. I regret it now and always will. She stayed there for about 6 months and during that time I had a huge void. I fostered a 2 year old AB and found her a great home then felt lonely so my husband surprised me with a female AB to take her place but she turned out to be a nervous wreck. I contacted the breeder who suggested I swap pups and then ended up with her brother who we had euthanized for severe aggressive behavior. Reputable breeder? I think not! Lesson learned. I was at my lowest point when my Vet and husband purchased a beautiful GSD for me and after time life was grand. Several months later I received a phone call and my AB was in need of a home...again. This is why I regret it..I took her back and the two of them had a few scuffles but in the end they turned out to get a long well. SUPERVISED. On October 2nd my GSD went in for a routine neuter and died. I was crushed. My world was once again turned upside down. I still had my AB girl thank the Lord but after several months she began to act strange around my 2 year old. When she began to growl at her I knew what I had to do. She is with a great gal who doesn't have children and will live permanently . Which brings me to now...Are you still with me? I gave into that little voice inside my head and adopted a beautiful red tri female Aussie. Her name is Six. She is a JOY! Things are great and I pray to the DOG GOD that they will never change. SO that is it..oh and my name is Vonna. I hope to learn a great deal from you all and offer lots of help in return.

skyeboxer

Ah you've had a terrible time. I'm glad you and Six found each other and I also send vibes that you are both together for a l-o-o-n-g time.

P.S. I am feeling a bit dim tonight so please let me know what breed you mean by AB.

Maxy24

yeah I could not figure out what an AB is either, sorry. Good Luck with Six and I'm sorry about your previous dogs. I've never heard of a dog dying while being neutered although I guess there are always risks with anesthesia.

Welcome to Chaz!!!! I'm so sorry for all of the tough times you've had lately!!!! Hopefully things will be better now!!! It's so very nice to have you here.

Is AB American Bulldog?:confused:

Sixers

Ab=American Bulldog. Sorry..I am use to the BDB forum :( thanks for the welcome

ACooper

Welcome...........I am sorry to hear about the roller coaster you have been on! Glad to know you are strong enough to handle it, don't know how I would've coped!!

bubbatd

Welcome and I wish you the best !!! Hopefully this will be the match from Heaven !

Sixers

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I was treated rather poorly at the other forum because of the chain of events and am looking forward to making new friends here. This place seems really "people" friendly. I am uber excited about sharing all of my puppy experiences with you all. I see a few familiar faces and I hope that is a good thing.

Members online

No members online now.