Hey everybody!!!

Sugardog

Hey everybody!

Some of you might remember me from another forum, same screen name, same person :)

For those of you who don't know me, I'm an all positive reinforcement dog trainer. Clicker training rocks :D

I have about 52 pets all together, give or take a few because I loose track of how many pigeons I have (I breed). 3 of those are dogs. Rosie is in my avator, she's a 10 month old GSD. Trina is an 11 year old Akita/GSD mix and Angie is a whippet/miniature pinscher mix. I do alot of volunteer work at my local shelter and I'm involved in rescue work not only with dogs, but other animals as well like turtles, lizards, birds etc.

So thats basically me in a nutshell. Anybody is welcome to send me a PM or message via AIM. Looks like a great forum so far, hopefully I'll assimilate well with my training methods (you wouldn't believe how many people are so against not using positive punishment) :cool:

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Welcome to chazhound! You sound like you have a busy schedule!! lol But I'm sure it's wonderful!

What do you use the pigeons for?

Also, we love LOVE pics ;) lol

Red_ACD_for_me

Ruled by a RED boy!
Hi welcome to Chaz!! Do you breed carrier pigeons?? I have seen some gorgeous pigeons a friend of mine used to breed the carrier pigeons (I think that is what they are called :confused: ) the ones that fly and give messages? Hope you enjoy Chaz, its a great place!! :)

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Hi and welcome to Chazhound! :) You have quite the houseful!

Sugardog

Thanks guys! :)

And to answer the questions regarding the pigeons....They are homing pigeons so if I took the time to train them, I could race them (competitions where the birds are taken miles away and released and they'll return home again, first one home wins) or just let them out and fly around and they'd return. But none of them are trained, so scratch that idea for now. I breed them as pets. They are a joy to have in the backyard because they're such beautiful birds and their coos are really comforting. I don't sell them or anything, they're just my own pet pigeons. I have roughly 20, and most of them are named except a few babies. I plan on handfeeding a few during the summer and see how that works out.

Sweet72947

Squishy face
Cool, homing pigeons! At my old house we'd have a pigeon stop by every now and then, and we figured they were homing pigeons because they had those little plastic anklets on with numbers on them. We'd give them some water and some birdseed, they'd rest a little, and then move on.
Pigeons are cool! :cool:

Sugardog

They probably were then :)

None of mine have bands though, but normally if they do, it's a pretty reliable sign that they are owned by somebody.

One of my pigeons kind of randomly showed up. I think she was a lost homer, she was young, but really thin. I was able to just creep up on her and grab her. I still have her, she's one of my main breeding pigeons. I started off with 6 believe it or not :D

Members online

No members online now.