Silken Windhounds

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Oh man the more I am around this dog, the more I love her. She is so gorgeous and sweet and has such cute little mannerisms. She was being a total flirt with the aussies today and it was the cutest thing I've ever seen.

I'm in love.

Pintage

Mountain Dawg
The girls are definitely flirty! If Lugia really likes you she'll put her paws on you and nibble your earlobe (not even joking or exaggerating).

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I got to see her again today! I am so in love with this dog. I can't even <3 I've always wanted a sighthound one day and I think this is my sighthound breed. Hopefully I can meet some more but I'm pretty sure this is the one.

Sparrow

This is a breed I've recently started seriously looking into. They just seem really amazing. I'm stuck between them and LHWs, because the LHW seems to have a bit more of the energy I like, but I like that the Silken is more accepted as a "real breed." I don't like drama. I just need to meet them, but I live in Alaska, so that sucks.

I saw what I think were two LHWs at an event last summer. I have been obsessed with their look ever since. When I saw them, I was shocked by how small Salukis are... but have since realized they weren't Salukis at all, so either LHW or Silken. I just didn't know about those breeds at the time.

I must track these dogs down and meet them!

Romy

Taxiderpy
This is a breed I've recently started seriously looking into. They just seem really amazing. I'm stuck between them and LHWs, because the LHW seems to have a bit more of the energy I like, but I like that the Silken is more accepted as a "real breed." I don't like drama. I just need to meet them, but I live in Alaska, so that sucks.

I saw what I think were two LHWs at an event last summer. I have been obsessed with their look ever since. When I saw them, I was shocked by how small Salukis are... but have since realized they weren't Salukis at all, so either LHW or Silken. I just didn't know about those breeds at the time.

I must track these dogs down and meet them!
Salukis aren't really very big either! Just thought I'd toss that in, because they're a lot smaller and petite in real life than I ever imagined. :p

Sparrow

Salukis aren't really very big either! Just thought I'd toss that in, because they're a lot smaller and petite in real life than I ever imagined. :p
It's possible. I think I get fooled about how big they must be by their height, because I am comparing to my 26" dog. But Zoe is 85lbs lean! It seems like they had higher set ears, though, more like a whippet's.

Zoo

Honey is a cuddler... she'll jump on the couch, aiming to land perfectly to press against you with her head the back of your neck. She's also a Velcro dog - it impresses people at the dog park when I get up to leave and she goes right to my side and walks out with me off leash (I put a leash on at the gate) weaving through the crowds. That's not something I trained, but it sure looks good to outsiders!

She is definitely a people first, drive second, kind of dog... I took her lure coursing, and she was fast and keen on the lure until the course took her past the judges sitting in the middle of the field... you almost couldn't recognize the exact moment she shifted her focus, one second she's got her head down and the next she's in someone's lap. With accepting these "faults" she actually is a pretty good runner and is competitive more often than not.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Sad that I have no more classes with this cute little dog. She was leg weaving and would do this hilarious hop after each one. I swear I have never seen a dog with cuter mannerisms.

Definitely putting them on the list for a few dogs down the road.

Dekka

Just try me..
The ones I have met are very whippet like. Perhaps a bit more aloof, but not much like to Zoi that I have met.

Pretty and nice.

Members online