All podencos' (and mixes') topic

Tashapaws

Spanish Pup
The title is right, I want to discuss podencos and mixes' behavior, to compare our dog's personalities, quirks and well, just anything. Everybody is welcome to post their opinion, if you've seen them in a dog park or in the street, or just by your research... this is all podencos' place.

By the way, I am no expert about these breeds and Natasha is my first dog ever, so I am here to learn and discuss, not to pretend I know better than somebody else :)

So well, I'll start with a question. I've heard that most podencos, mainly beezers, like watching over walls, fences, anything low enough by standing with their front paws on the top and their hinds on the ground. Is this really common? Because Natasha always does that, and it gives some nice pictures. ^^

El Alano

My boy shows a lot of terrier (Bodeguero) traits. Nervous wreck lol, drives me mad sometimes. I'm surrounded by many Podencos but none of them are pets, just chained up and taken out x 3 a week in hunting season so it's really hard to talk about typical behaviours because they're just hunting machines that bark 24/7

Tashapaws

Spanish Pup
Natasha can dirve me up the wall sometimes, too, but she's more in the galgo's side in terms of personality (not in energy, she likes sleeping... when she wants), being shy and a bit insecure. I could say she's nervous, but not something extreme.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
My Ibizan, Joey, will stand up on his hind legs to watch over a shorter fence if he can, but we don't have a fenced in yard so he doesn't do it often or anything. If he sees something in the distance (squirrel, rabbit, etc) he will stand on his hind legs to try to get a better look at whatever it is before he alerts me that it's there and OMG MUST GET THAT LIVING THING!!!! Let me tell ya, beezers can be LOUD. If I let him loose he definitely would be one hell of a hunter.

When he jumps it's more deer like... and when it's not deer like it's just straight up derp leaps because he is the master of derp. He is bouncy and loves to play, but will settle down too if he needs to. Very sweet boy and gentle with everyone he meets which is something I really like about him. These dogs really are sweet dogs.

Let me know if there is anything else you are curious about.

I have 2 Ibizan males. My boys spend a lot of time on their hind legs. I have a 6' chain link fence so they don't rest their paws on anything. They just stand. They also bounce in my yard and bounce the fence line hunting for critters.

Tashapaws

Spanish Pup
So right, then it's true, thanks! :D
Natasha is not bouncy... unless she's after butterflies or the ball. But jumping from being unmoving... I've only seen her do that once xD
Again, thank you all :)

Members online

No members online now.