Its Haunting Me :(

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Ok well on my way to my parents i saw something that really disturbed me and got to me. i was going down the highway and passing by a large LARGE field for sale i see two small black puppies one following the other. This had no houses around it and just no one around to be with these puppies :( . I could'nt pull over since the highway was jammed packed with people and it just would have been a HUGE problem if i did. Also theres those boundry fences to i guess keep you off the property. And im not that great at climbing fences. So i had to keep on driving :( . I havent been able to get those pups out of my head just wondering what their story was im almost for sure that they were "drop offs". I hate that I could'nt get them they were such sweet things wagging their tails. I just hope their doing alright now. Just had to get that off my chest.

tcreed

Keep up those good thoughts, I'm sure they're doing fine!!!! I know, we have such busy streets up here that I worry about animals that even look like they're going to get on the highways!!!!

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
I'm sure that they're fine! with such a packed highway there must have been someone else on it that loves dogs just as much as you do, and stopped and took them home and they are now having a wonderful time!

That is hard. When I was about 10 years old, I went to play in the back of a little Greek joint my parents took me to. It was next to a road and there were blackberry bushes (for those who don't know much about blackberry bushes, they have thorns all over them. They are almost all thorns and blackberries.) in the parking lot, near where I was playing. I could hear kittens crying. When I followed the crying, I found a box with a litter of kittens literally thrown into the blackberry bushes. No food or water. No blanket. Just very sick kittens in a box, in the midst of thorns and blackberries. I got my parents and they ended up taking the poor things to the "cat lady" (a woman who we bought our kittens from) who was kind enough to take them in.

I don't know whether they lived or not, I hope they did, but I don't think my parents would have told me if they didn't. :( Apparently, someone decided they didn't want kittens and instead of putting an ad in the paper, taking them to the humane society, or raising them, they thought it would be more humane to throw them in some thorns in a box with no food, water, or blanket. They didn't want them to have any way to survive or find a home, obviously. They must have been really sick, it is apparent they wanted them to suffer and die a horrible death. Just for being unplanned kittens.

Seriously, "evil" great grandma (as she was so affectionately known in my family. Horrible woman) drowning my grandmother's kitten was more humane then that.

People never cease to amaze me when it comes to how cruel they can truely be...

I know how you feel, Pits. I can't get the poor, skinny German Shepherd female out of my mind that I saw many years ago, hiding in a field next to a highway. She wouldn't come to me, so the only thing I could do was go to a store a couple of miles down the road where I got a bag of dogfood. I took it back to where I saw her, and tried to entice her, but she wouldn't come any closer than 20 feet or so, even though she was salivating like crazy and whining to get at the food. I took the bag on out in the field, under some sheltering bushes. The poor thing watched me, terrified but so hungry, and I opened a corner of the bag and went back to my car. As soon as I got to my car she made a dash for that bag and pulled it farther in the cover to eat. I kept going that way to see if she was there and try to get her to come to me, but I never saw her again.

Don't you just wonder what has gone so wrong with people sometimes?

bogolove

It hurts my heart so bad to see animals like that. I wish I could help every single one of them in the whole world. I really wish every dog could be treated and loved as all of ours are.

Agility23

Why didnt you just tell animal control and they would of set a trap...

Renee750il said:
I know how you feel, Pits. I can't get the poor, skinny German Shepherd female out of my mind that I saw many years ago, hiding in a field next to a highway. She wouldn't come to me, so the only thing I could do was go to a store a couple of miles down the road where I got a bag of dogfood. I took it back to where I saw her, and tried to entice her, but she wouldn't come any closer than 20 feet or so, even though she was salivating like crazy and whining to get at the food. I took the bag on out in the field, under some sheltering bushes. The poor thing watched me, terrified but so hungry, and I opened a corner of the bag and went back to my car. As soon as I got to my car she made a dash for that bag and pulled it farther in the cover to eat. I kept going that way to see if she was there and try to get her to come to me, but I never saw her again.

Don't you just wonder what has gone so wrong with people sometimes?

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Not our animal control..you have to have the animal cornered and contained before they will come out.They are already understaffed and underpaid..they couldn't begin to set traps at all places where stray dogs have been seen..agility you must live in a small town for your AC to do that..and who checks the traps? Out on the road how are u going to do that?
Pits have you ever read the story Savage Dog by J.L. Wolff? If you haven't i will send it to you.

Saje

Island dweller
I believe there are big and small towns in the UK. ;) LOL

Our AC will trap them but then they will probably be put to sleep. If they are deemed unadoptable that's it for those poor animals. I'd try and get the SPCA up here but I'm not sure how far they cover.

Agility23

Saje said:
I believe there are big and small towns in the UK. ;) LOL

Our AC will trap them but then they will probably be put to sleep. If they are deemed unadoptable that's it for those poor animals. I'd try and get the SPCA up here but I'm not sure how far they cover.
none of the uk would have a problem we dont seem to have any where near the problems with pets that the us and other countrys do.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i don't know any animal control that will go put a trap on the side of a major highway..just isn't done that way.

smkie said:
Not our animal control..you have to have the animal cornered and contained before they will come out.They are already understaffed and underpaid..they couldn't begin to set traps at all places where stray dogs have been seen..agility you must live in a small town for your AC to do that..and who checks the traps? Out on the road how are u going to do that?
Pits have you ever read the story Savage Dog by J.L. Wolff? If you haven't i will send it to you.
It's the same here, Smkie. I suspect it's that way in most places.

They used to be very good here about coming if you had an animal in trouble, though. I found a blind, elderly Yorkie that had fallen down a storm drain once, and they came immediately and helped me get her out. They were even nice enough to tell the owner who found her dog so she could let me know the poor little mite had gotten home safely.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
it is not their fault..just so much money and people to go around for a mamoth problem..just like our health care system and child support collections...there are just too many people and not enough funds.

I don't feel quite so sympathetically toward all of them, Smkie. In one of the nearby counties here, an animal control officer got bitten by a chow mix that was being picked up next to a fenced in school playground. This idiot managed to get bitten even using the slip collar on the long handle. Unable to handle ONE medium sized dog, this "trained professional" - their words, not mine - called the police for backup. The police came and summarily shot the dog in front of that playground full of young children at recess!

Talk about bad judgement!

Members online

No members online now.