Something I want to do someday.

Kayota

She's a she! lol a lot of people make that mistake though. I quit the vet tech program and realized I'd be here a lot longer so I decided to get the second dog I'd been wanting, much to my dad's chagrin (he helps pay the bills.. he doesn't care that much but he does think i'm insane lol!). I was going to wait until spring break next semester but she was in a very high kill shelter and I knew I couldn't leave her there. And I did end up getting one of the unwanted ones--she came out of her kennel cowering. She was just completely shut down. Between that and her brindle coloring she'd been there for over two months and was at high risk for sure. So I took her and she's been wonderful. Except she's VERY vocal--she turned out to be a husky mix. LOL. We're working on it though. Roxie finds her obnoxious but they will lie together companionably at times. I love her to death--when I quit the vet tech program I was going through a very hard time emotionally as I had just been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder and I think she is my guardian angel. I wanted to try training her to be a psychiatric service dog but she has a fear of unfamiliar buildings (ie she can be outdoors in strange places but not indoors) so she became an emotional support animal and now all three of us are doing agility. I also have an elderly rat, a snake, a 55 gal fish tank and a rabbit, but I am probably going to sell the snake and the fish tank (neither are really my cup of tea as hobbies) and I'm planning on adding a second rabbit next month. After that I'll be done getting animals--I'm so not going to end up like my mom! ;) And she's doing better too, by the way--she's down to two Dachshunds and living with her father in Oregon now. I miss Padfoot with all my heart but at the time my dad wouldn't let me have another dog and it was really an ultimatum--rehome him or my mom would take him to a shelter. I thought I had found a great home but the guy quit answering my texts and I really wonder about him now. But what's done is done and I will never rehome any of my dogs again unless circumstances are absolutely dire (ie i lose my job or something and can't even afford ol' roy or whatever. really dire).

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Oh man, as if you dug up this thread just to post that a hopeful muse you had just came true.

Pretty much made my night. <3

Faxon looks like a little tigerfox. More pics please! :)

Kayota

If you insist...

At the wildlife refuge (currently closed thanks to the government)

Her Lupine harness, which she has chewed twice now. Gonna send it in for another replacement tomorrow... sigh. lol

I've had her for almost 4 months now :)
edit: lol I love how I said "after college" hm... Still in college!

DJEtzel

I love it. :D

It's pretty much what I did with Sir. He would have been euthanized that day if I hadn't decided to adopt him at that time. :(

Members online

No members online now.