• other

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • i like cheese

Votes: 10 20.8%

• Total voters

PoodleMommy

Yorkie Love
depends what I need...

If I need treats I go to PETCO because they have some good brands there now, I usually get the Zukes, my dogs go crazy for them.

If I need toys, wee wee pads, petzlife, natures miracle, pretty much anything else... I go to PETSMART because they tend to be much much cheaper.

However, I prefer to get everything online because that is always the cheapest route.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I tend to stick to as many small business boutique type places as possible, because they need as much support as possible.

Out of the options listed, Petsmart, mostly because they seem to take better care of their small animals and don't carry the stupid lines of CM branded products.

colliewog

Collies&Terriers, Oh My!
In my area, PetSmart is cheaper than Petco for the treaties. But actually, I go to Pet Supermarket because they're even cheaper for the Wellness bars. I prefer the independent pet stores, but they aren't that close and when you're tired and dogs want cookies, ya' gotta give in to the industry! LOL

Upendi&Mina

Mainstreme Elitist
I go to Petco...really it's the only option. There is no Petsmart here and there's one small locally owned pet store, but they specialize in birds and don't really carry much in the way of dog supplies.

ETA: I go to Tractor Supply Co. for their food because it's the only place in the area that carries TOTW.

Toller_08

We don't have Petco here, but I don't shop in any of the big chain stores. I think I probably go into Petsmart about once, perhaps twice, each year. I prefer the products and the people at the smaller independently owned stores.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
For the dogs, I drive 25 miles to the closest independent pet supply place so i can support local business, find foods other than the "big name" brands, and purchase various toys and chewies found no where else. In general the food prices are also much better than PetCo's when I buy a brand they carry. If I'm in a pinch I might go to Petsmart, then Petco, but for dog stuff it's local business all the way.

For cat stuff I go to petsmart because they carry the litter I like and I get food from Costco.

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
I also like cheese.

I dont shop at either! I have a really good ma and pa shop i like to get my dog stuff at!

Xandra

I tend to stick to as many small business boutique type places as possible, because they need as much support as possible.

Out of the options listed, Petsmart, mostly because they seem to take better care of their small animals and don't carry the stupid lines of CM branded products.
What Zoom said, and especially the bolded part.

Up until very recently we were getting out llama text and bunny food at Tisol, so that's where I was buying lots of my stuff. Plus, it is closer.

I've never seen a Canadian Petco and the Petsmart is an hour away, so I've only been to those in the US.

My favorite local pet store would have to be PJ's Pets/Superpet, though our location sells puppies (I don't think it did when when it was called Superpet).

The animals are always well cared for, and they take them out to exercise frequently (the rodents on request, the puppies and ferrets and parrots regularly).

Amber

I like supporting the local family pet store. I am at Petsmart weekly for adoption events so the treats and crap can get tempting.

Criosphynx

having worked at both companies and seeing behind the scenes how animals are treated PetsMART will not get another dime from me ever.

I go to petco when Iam not supporting mom and pop stores.

Juicy

In my area, PetSmart is cheaper than Petco for the treaties. But actually, I go to Pet Supermarket because they're even cheaper for the Wellness bars. I prefer the independent pet stores, but they aren't that close and when you're tired and dogs want cookies, ya' gotta give in to the industry! LOL
I use to go there too.

lizzybeth727

I buy food and other supplies for my dog and cat at Tractor Supply because it seems that they have better brands than Petsmart; plus it's only a few minutes from my house.

But I do shop at Petsmart a LOT for my dogs at work. The treats are cheaper and they have more sales on toys (we don't buy plush toys unless they're under $2). IME the Petsmart trainers are much better than the Petco trainers (which is actually a bit scary), and the pet care people are usually very helpful. Plus I haven't bought anything from Petco since they started carrying CM stuff.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Petco is just easier and cheaper ive noticed. they usually carry better foods and have great discount sales..

CaliTerp07

The Petsmart here is horrible...it's dirty, messy, disorganized, and the staff is incompetent. Plus, I don't think they carry as good of food/treats. Could be that we just have a bad Petsmart, but our Petco is waaaaaaay nicer.

I buy dog food at the independent store up the street from me, because they carry TOTW, but all treats and toys come from petco. The independent store charges almost 50% more on those things!

shazbot

not so newby
I don't really shop at either stores. They are expensive. I go to a local pet supply store for food. For toys and other stuff I use kingwholesale.com

Members online

No members online now.