Newborn pics!

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
He is cute...I mean he is a newborn foal of course he is cute...but you are tease :p. I want Malinois puppies!

That's wasn't meant as an insult, I said I think I'm the only one as in its unusual. They look like they have feet for faces! Like that woman......

Out of sex and the city. Carrie?

Eta:

Well, he IS a horse, so I would kind of expect him to have a horse-like face. :lol-sign:

Red Chrome

Thought you guys might like to see him on day #2.

He is awesome! Very pretty head and I like the way he is built, will his adult conformation be about the same as it is now? I know next to nothing about Lippizans, Thoroughbreds are my thing.

He is awesome! Very pretty head and I like the way he is built, will his adult conformation be about the same as it is now? I know next to nothing about Lippizans, Thoroughbreds are my thing.
He's a foal, he will change. BUT, I think the basics, hip and shoulder, remain about the same. I LOVE his mother's hip and it looks like he got it.

Red Chrome

He's a foal, he will change. BUT, I think the basics, hip and shoulder, remain about the same. I LOVE his mother's hip and it looks like he got it.

That's what I kinda thought but was unsure, different breeds mature differently. He has a nice hip and I like his shoulder. His mom is gorgeous!

noludoru

Bored Now.

OMFG. She is gorgeous. Breathtakingly gorgeous.

No offense intended at all, but I'm with Dizzy - newborns aren't anywhere near as cute as when they've grown up a little bit. I love his face!

Unrelated question: are ALL Lipizzans gray? Or are some of them black/brown/chestnut,etc.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Gee I wish I could convince the building owner where I live that I could have a maligator puppy that looks just like that :rofl1:. Just too precious of a baby. Beautiful photos.

FG167

OMG he is so cute!

I'm intrigued and know nothing about this breed. So, he's dark right now but will lighten up? Will he be as light as mom? What do you mean his name is already decided? Are you keeping him? What do you do with these horses?

I want to take adorable foal pictures!!!!!!! And beautiful horse pictures - you've got some gorgeous pets there.

Unrelated question: are ALL Lipizzans gray? Or are some of them black/brown/chestnut,etc.
No, not all are grey. But since the grey gene is such a strong modifier, it is hard to find non-grey horses. They DO exist, however. If I were to breed a grey mare to a solid colored stallion, I would have a 50/50 chance of a foal not greying.

OMG he is so cute!

I'm intrigued and know nothing about this breed. So, he's dark right now but will lighten up? Will he be as light as mom? What do you mean his name is already decided? Are you keeping him? What do you do with these horses?
He will lighten up. It might take until he is 10 or so until he is solid white, though.

Were you there for the birth? How did it go?
No, we missed it completely, but he was still drying off when I got out there. Everything went well, full and normal placenta and foal got his colostrum from mom, who has lots of milk.

Members online