Don't understand people...

Snark

Mutts to you
Just heard that Riley's sister, Bella, was hit by a car and killed... The woman who took her just let her run loose (doesn't believe in confining dogs). She lives in a rural area like I do and I guess has the mindset of most of the people on my road (I think there's 2 other families on our road who keep their dogs contained behind a fence). Poor puppy... a rough start and a short life... :(

Think I'll give Riley and all my dogs a good hug when I get home tonight...

Doberluv

Oh that is so sad. How can someone not believe in confining her dog, but believes in leaving it run all over the road? She sounds like she needs a firm lecture.

It's the same thing around here Snark. I live on a little traveled on dirt road and there really is not much chance of a dog getting hit. But I've seen some of my neighbor's dogs make their way down the road and closer to a road where it's more dangerous. There's one neighbor I know of who walks her dog on a leash every day. It's a whippet. She and I seem to be the only ones I ever see with dogs on leashes. She walks her dog rain or shine and she's older than I am and uses a walking stick....really nice, responsible people who come from California. She seems very gentle and nice with her dog too. I so like that when I see it.

RIP little one. I'm so sorry you had such a short time here and a rough start.:(

bubbatd

Such a shame !! It's so hard when you are rural . It's so unlikely , and yet does happen .

Snark

Mutts to you
I had the chance to take both puppies but I didn't think I had time for two, so I just took Riley... Maybe I should have... :(

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
such a shame, and a mindset all too common....

country is no different than the city, the risks may not be the same but its still there!
be it car or the wrong end of a shotgun...
*sigh*

crazy_paws

No thumbs = No mutiny
Poor baby. Don't blame yourself though. You're doing awesome with Riley.

I have a neighbor who lets their older yorkie run the street twice a day (potty-time, I guess). It runs to other peoples yards and yaps at them and potties in the street. Irresponsible.

Members online

No members online now.