Ancestors/Look alikes...

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I've been looking at pedigrees and am struck by the resemblance of my dogs to some of their ancestors.

Check these out.

Beau's grandfather, Ch Daneview Bill Bailey

Rose's great great grandfather:

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
This photo is always interesting to me...

Left to right is Auggie's uncle, Auggie's gramma (bless her old heart!), Auggie's aunt, Auggie's full brother, Auggie's dad, and then Auggie, looking teeny tiny next to his relatives.

Auggie shares his papa's markings - the white on his dad's forehead was present when Auggie was a puppy, then went away and is slowly starting to come back... just as his dad's did.
I just love looking at that photo and seeing all the things that are the same, and yet different, between each dog.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
very nice photos it is always wonderful to see the family resemblences.

Tortilla

Blonde Raccoon
Very interesting thread!

These aren't ancestors, but here are a couple of Sally's relatives.

Her half brother, Prince (same father, different mother.)

Tortilla

Blonde Raccoon
Sally and her other half brother, Dusty (same father, again, but a different mother.)

They are all working Collies (except my Sal, of course) from working lines (called Scotch Collies), which is why they look far different from Collies of show lines.

Sorry the picture quality was so bad. Those pictures are from a few years ago, before I had my dSLR.

IcyHound

The purpose of breeding is the establish a phenotype and to reproduce in a predictable and similar fashion. Unless the breed style has changed dramatically it is good and expected for your dog to resemble ancestors.

Members online

No members online now.