Help I need some girlie ideas

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
Oh an of course every little girl needs at least one pair of hooker shoes....ooppps, did I just say that! lol Seriously, we refer to her dress up shoes as that, but she loves them and they do no harm so we let her wear them in the house!
:rofl1::rofl1::rofl1:

she has set of stripper shoes actually. they are from a friend who decided she did not like them and Ginnie fell in love. They are not to gaudy , but the friend has tiny feet and ginnie LOVES them.

I would break an ankle trying to wear anything mare than a wedge.

Cruising the thrift stores (and Craigslist and Freecycle) for old prom dresses and stuff is a great idea. Flea markets, too. Sometimes consignment places will have them on clearance, too.

milos_mommy

Oh, and modge podging stuff and dumping glitter on it is AWESOME. You can find recipes for homemade (and MUCH cheaper) modge podge online, brush it onto surfaces - sunglasses, shoes, etc, and pour the glitter on. Once dry, top it off with another clear coat of modge podge.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I second Dollar tree. Tons of tiaras, crowns, lip gloss, etc in there.

Goodwill and consignment shops are good places to find dresses. Not only old prom dresses but sometimes you will find kids dress up dresses and tutus in there as well as really fancy dresses people get their kids for special events and they likely use one time and then give it to goodwill. hannah has TONS of fancy dresses in her size that we got at the goodwill or the consignment shop that are SO pretty and cost almost nothing.

Do any of you worry about stuff at dollar tree though? Especially for kids or things like lip gloss, it's petty much all made in china. I will get certain things from there but I admit, things that my children will wear I am too nervous to get there.

darkchild16

We are Home.
Do any of you worry about stuff at dollar tree though? Especially for kids or things like lip gloss, it's petty much all made in china. I will get certain things from there but I admit, things that my children will wear I am too nervous to get there.
We dont do lip gloss or make up here (tried it once and NEVERRRRRRRRRRRR again) :yikes::rofl1:but their dress up tiaras and what not I don't worry.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I buy makeup at the dollar store but it's name brand stuff. Sometimes if you are in there, they have name brand goodies, not just knockoffs. I remember a woman who found Hasbro Littlest Pet Shop toys at one of the dollar stores... overstock from another store or something and the dollar store got it. Same with makeup, I buy Maybelline and Revlon there sometimes. I wouldn't buy "dollar store brand" makeup - in fact I'm not sure I've ever seen stuff that isn't name brand in there but I'm probably just not looking - but they do frequently get "real" stuff in there.

milos_mommy

We JUST got our first Dollar Tree here, and it's always really crowded - I guess I know why

Kilter

Just about finished figuring out Allie's stuff. We are doing the 'something they need, something they want, something to wear and something to read' thing, so she has books, video games, a dress up center and I just have to get her an outfit or something. For 'santa' I found an awesome deal on littlest pet shop stuff, used, but really who cares, and will get some craft organizers to put them all in so she can put them all 'to bed' and keep them organized. I hope.

The dress up center is an entertainment unit that we will put a door on, and put in a bar to hang up things and put in mirrors and such.

Members online