Oregon housing contacts

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Okay, we're running into troubles and I thought I'd ask here.

We're having trouble finding anyone/anywhere willing to rent to us with our dogs. We're looking in the Portland, Oregon vicinity but we're very comfortable with a commute.

If anyone has any contacts we'd love any help you can offer.

The specs: we're in the process of trying to buy but we've run into a few issues along the way so it's taking a bit longer than we expected. However we'd prefer to not sign a 12 month lease because of this as well. We're expecting a month or two with three being max. (We have two home offers in process right now and still looking for more)

The main problem is we have four dogs. All are very well house trained, none chew, and we own bark collars and use them religiously when staying anywhere that their alerting may be a nuisance.

We are happy to crate in a garage, exercise at a park, rent a single room, and stay pretty much out of the way. This shouldn't be too bad because, again this will ideally be short term.

We're willing to pay approx. 1,000 a month and chip in for utilities.

Our dogs are sporting dogs with a variety of titles, accomplishments, and continual training. We'd be happy to provide photos, videos, and lists of their accomplishments at any point.

Any suggestions, questions, or networking ability is extremely appreciated.

I'm a member of "NWDogActivities" group on yahoo, people post looking for rentals or rooms pretty frequently on there. I'd be happy to pass your post forward to them if you want or you may want to join it for future information anyway, the group is at http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/NWDogActivities/

Let me know if you want me to post anything for you. Otherwise I will try to keep an ear/eye out for you (I live about a half hour south of Portland)

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Just wishing you the best of luck. I know when we moved with 2 "big" dogs and had to find a place to rent, it was awful. When we moved recently and had 3 we didn't even try to rent. I realize you don't have a choice and I'm not help but...many good vibes heading your way.

Have you brought this up with your realtor? Maybe they can help, I know some just want to buy and sell houses, but some really go the extra mile to do that. They might have a network of people to draw from for situations like this

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Have you brought this up with your realtor? Maybe they can help, I know some just want to buy and sell houses, but some really go the extra mile to do that. They might have a network of people to draw from for situations like this
We have and she is trying as well, she brought up one lead but it fell through. We put down 2 more home offers today and both are short sales but both are pre approved so hopefully one pans out. The in between time is still there though so Denis may rent an apartment for a 3 month lease with the Malinois, excuse me "Belgian sheepdogs", and I will "visit" with my SD Arnold and Shamoo will wear her invisible cloak.

yoko

Have you tried looking on Craigslist? On a pinch it might work if it definitely is short term and a lot of people there need someone to move in ASAP.

Equinox

Shoot, if I were closer to Portland and in a dog friendly house, I'd let you guys live with me for sure. I actually have an extra room and a completely empty 2 car garage the dogs could go crazy in (and a living room, I don't even use my living room). But I'm stuck in Eugene 1 1/2 - 2 hours away and it's not dog friendly. I'm actually planning on moving out in 2 or 3 months. :(

Yoko brought up a good suggestion - have you tried Craigslist? It can get sketchy but I've found all of my places through Craigslist in these last couple of years while I'm on the college campus. The sublet/temporary housing section and just the general housing and roommate sections could yield something?

I'll ask all of my friends and family in Portland, too, and see if they know about anything.

Members online

No members online now.