Trying to catch a rabbit

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I'm at my friends house and just found a rabbit outside. It's white with black markings and clearly a domesticated rabbit.

I spent the past hour trying to catch him, but everytime I get super close to grabbing him he takes off. I can't catch him... Ugh. With all the feral cats around here I'm worried someone's pet is going to wind up as cat food.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
It's a little old school..but I'm sure it works lol just takes patience.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
That's what my husband recommended. We were out there with a sheet since that's all we could find trying to toss it on him to catch him since luring him wasn't working...

And then there were two..... Just saw a black one with a white muzzle and white ring around his neck.

yoko

Do you know what you will do with them if/when you catch them?

It's sad if someone is missing pets but bunnies are one of those animals stupid people some times release to the wild when they don't want to care for them :(

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Ya I used to foster for the rabbit rescue out here so I was going to contact them to see if they could take them.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
If you have some sort of cage, you could set it out with food in it and if they get inside, just run up and lock them in. A dog crate could even work. If they are domesticated pets, they may find a cage or crate comforting/a place of safety.

Lyzelle

Yeah, I was going to say kennel/crate with blankets and some fresh herbs. Basil and chives are what my bunbuns went crazy for.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
We have bunnies like this:

And whites, etc in varying sizes all over here. I guess they thrive well when dumped after their novelty wears off as a pet. :-/

Gypsydals

Anyone you know have a large fishing net with a handle? Those seem to work pretty good.

Xandra

They may well be 1st or more generation ferals. There are lots around here that still have pet rabbit colors.

Locke

The thing that worries me about trying to catch scared rabbits is that they can have heart attacks really easily. They might be better off in the wild.

joce

Just because it's colored doesn't mean it's a pet. People let them loose and they breed. Where i used to watch trains with my dad there were a ton of them.

Members online

No members online now.