CM gets bitten... again (vid included)

Picklepaige

No need.

I take care of who I love. Everyone else has to go to the back of the line. Just because someone has two legs and is classified as homo-sapien doesn't get them any special consideration or guarantee of worth or respect.

That gets earned.

Partly by how you treat others -- including non-homo sapiens.
The only thing that I can manage to choke out right now, is this.

rubygirl

I've been on this forum since 2004 and I don't think I've ever mentioned much of that at all. I don't talk about it, at least not much. I never would have mentioned it had you not asked. The reason I asked you was not to start a match, but in response to your outlandishly uninformed sounding posts regarding dog behavior and your unreasonable expectations of dogs. For a dog lover's forum, you come off so much differently than the people I've known on Chazhound for the 9 years or so I've been a member. I guess I'm finding it difficult to relate. But I'll try harder. :dunno::doh:
Yes I have high expectations. I have a dog that reflects those expectations.
Maybe you set your expectations lower and have dogs that reflect that..? I don't know and it doesn't concern me...

Red Chrome

Here is a video of my resource Guarder. He is 13. You can't here it very well but when I am pushing on him, he is growling. Same as when I am hovering. Had I pushed him like CM.....he would bite me. He isn't a POS. He is a dog....that had a very crappy puppyhood. The thought of euthing him never crossed my mind. Also, remember this is after owning him for 12 years and working with him hard on this issue.

I'll have to load the video from home. Tapatalk won't let me.

rubygirl

Thanks for the Word, God.

Perhaps we should proceed directly to Judgment?
Ha ha. Touché. I don't have a right to judge you, no.
I'm not talking about a douche bag child molester here. I am talking about my family. If any dog were to attack/bite my family- it would be dead. Who are you to judge how THAT feels if you don't have a family (I don't mean dogs) of your own?

Taqroy

True I'm sure Kady will speak for herself.
We are technically discussing attacks as that dog did not "bite" to resource guard it attacked.
By YOUR definition that dog (which is not a pit bull) attacked. The majority of people in this thread (myself included) feel that that video shows defensive actions that were a last resort against a human that would not stop pushing the dog.

rubygirl

By YOUR definition that dog (which is not a pit bull) attacked. The majority of people in this thread (myself included) feel that that video shows defensive actions that were a last resort against a human that would not stop pushing the dog.
I agree that it was a defensive action but that the animal used far too much unnecessary force.

Taqroy

I agree that it was a defensive action but that the animal used far too much force then necessary.
That doesn't make it an attack. And considering that the dog was trying to get CM to back off and failed, it technically wasn't enough force.

rubygirl

Here is a video of my resource Guarder. He is 13. You can't here it very well but when I am pushing on him, he is growling. Same as when I am hovering. Had I pushed him like CM.....he would bite me. He isn't a POS. He is a dog....that had a very crappy puppyhood. The thought of euthing him never crossed my mind. Also, remember this is after owning him for 12 years and working with him hard on this issue.

I'll have to load the video from home. Tapatalk won't let me.
My dog also had a very crappy puppyhood. I got her when she was almost 5 months old. That entire time was spent neglected, unsocialized, and covered in demodex. She was quite fearful when I got her but has transformed. Had I babied and coddled her- who knows what she would have turned into :yikes:
Never once did she bite me; although she was as scared as a dog could be.

rubygirl

That doesn't make it an attack. And considering that the dog was trying to get CM to back off and failed, it technically wasn't enough force.
It just doesn't matter to me... bites (attacks) like that aren't worth the risk.

Ha ha. Touché. I don't have a right to judge you, no.
I'm not talking about a douche bag child molester here. I am talking about my family. If any dog were to attack/bite my family- it would be dead. Who are you to judge how THAT feels if you don't have a family (I don't mean dogs) of your own?
Ah, but I do have family I would die -- or kill for. We just don't happen to share immediate DNA. Some of them are even human. A bond is a bond. I just don't happen to need to feel like someone is *mine* to love them.

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
I can only say that I am glad I (and most everyone else on here) see the world in many shades of gray, and my dogs as complicated animals worthy of my critical thinking and compassion.

That doesn't mean allowing them to compromise human safety. It does mean examining their behavior without ego and anger.

rubygirl

Ah, but I do have family I would die -- or kill for. We just don't happen to share immediate DNA. Some of them are even human. A bond is a bond. I just don't happen to need to feel like someone is *mine* to love them.
Spoken like a childless person... you DON'T understand.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Oh yay now we get to bash people who don't have kids, too. Sorry rubygirl, we've already done that on Chaz several times.

rubygirl

I can only say that I am glad I (and most everyone else on here) see the world in many shades of gray, and my dogs as complicated animals worthy of my critical thinking and compassion.

That doesn't mean allowing them to compromise human safety. It does mean examining their behavior without ego and anger.
It's not ego but anger- yes I can admit it. As I stated before-- I imagine a child's face rather then Cesar's hand (an 18 month old baby's face to be precise).

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I choose this forum because of that Emily. People with an alternative, be it macho or just inexperienced attitude who throw around killing as if its just a closing of a door never stay long.

This isn't the place for such a lack of value for the life of humans or dogs.

rubygirl

Oh yay now we get to bash people who don't have kids, too. Sorry rubygirl, we've already done that on Chaz several times.
It's not bashing people who don't have kids. It's that one has to admit that they don't understand the bond between a mother and her children and how that is a very unique and powerful thing. There is no explanation. A person has to experience it...
Wow. You guys are very sensitive. You defend a dog to the death but not a child that could potentially get mauled....

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
It's not ego but anger- yes I can admit it. As I stated before-- I imagine a child's face rather then Cesar's hand (an 18 month old baby's face to be precise).
When you state that all your dog's food belongs to you and you have the right to do whatever you wish with it, there's no other word for that but "ego".

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
And I imagine the parent rightfully so being called by child services for wrongfully setting their child up for failure as much as the dog.

Control your environment. Keep the child away from high value objects, condition the dog with positive methods from day 1, and keep a happy and healthy home for all living creatures.

You'd be surprised the number of parents who do right by their kids and animals by teaching the value of not giving up and respecting others.

Members online

No members online now.