He's a mali-noise

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Was ringing out a customer at work yesterday. She has her dog with, and another customer asks here what breed he is.

"He's a mali-noise" she tells him. "I thought he was a shepherd mix but then I saw a mali-noise that looked just like him, except he had a black face, so that must be what he is."

Her dog looked like this.

Mali-noise, maybe. Malinois..... no.

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
LOL!!!! I LOVE the guesses average people make about their dogs' breeds. One lady told me that her OBVIOUS corgi mix (not a dwarf dog but very Corgi head) was a "dingo." LOL. I was like, Mmk, you're so right.

Equinox

This is incredibly embarrassing, but for the longest time, that WAS how I thought the name was pronounced :eek:

And even better, the first time I said the breed name out loud was at a conformation show :eek: Luckily the breeder I was speaking to (she bred/showed Belgian Sheepdogs, I was chatting with her about the differences) was kind enough not to point and laugh, she just said the name in context and continued the conversation. At least I knew what the breed looked like, though.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I really had to bite my tongue in order to stop myself from saying umm no he is not a malinois. And you are pronouncing it wrong. lol.

I normally suck at deciphering mixes, so people can be as off the wall as they want and I'll probably believe it LOL. But this dog was clearly no mal. :p I did see a little dog the other day that was being called a JRT mix, but all I saw in her was Italian greyhound and a whole lot of it... couldn't see the JRT.

This is incredibly embarrassing, but for the longest time, that WAS how I thought the name was pronounced
I did too the first time I saw it lol. But if I thought I owned one, I'd totally make sure I was pronouncing it right!

Grab

People think their dogs are the oddest things...

We had a dog come in that was a medium sized probably Aussie mix. Tri colored. Looked Aussie-ish. They got her at the pound. Her people were soooo sure she was a Bernese Mountain Dog. They even pointed out a brochure with the breed and said 'see, she looks just like that!!'. Her markings weren't even the same.....

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
Like the hip high, tan, german shepherd faced "border collie" that is a patient at our vet????

MicksMom

People think their dogs are the oddest things...

We had a dog come in that was a medium sized probably Aussie mix. Tri colored. Looked Aussie-ish. They got her at the pound. Her people were soooo sure she was a Bernese Mountain Dog. They even pointed out a brochure with the breed and said 'see, she looks just like that!!'. Her markings weren't even the same.....
But don't you know if it's tri colored it's obviously a Berner? :lol-sign:

JacksonsMom

I used to pronounce it like that too, LOL

But yeah, wow... if you're going to think your dog is a certain breed, it might be smart to do a little research.

Maxy24

I pronounced it like that for suuuuuuch a long time. I don't remember when I finally heard someone say it but I was ashamed of myself lol.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Oh god, someone told me that they had the "Basenji type Chihuahua" :confused: They said that it's a special type of chi with longer legs and a Basenji head... wtf, right?

People think their dogs are the weirdest things. I wonder if they get it from other people making suggestions. That dog looks nothing like a malinois.

Barbara!

One lady brought in a black lab and told us it was a cocker spaniel. Alright lady, sure. Lol.

MicksMom

Oh god, someone told me that they had the "Basenji type Chihuahua" :confused: They said that it's a special type of chi with longer legs and a Basenji head... wtf, right?...
So, in other words, they spent an ungodly amount of money on either a sadly out of standard Chi or a Chi mix. :(

One lady brought in a black lab and told us it was a cocker spaniel. Alright lady, sure. Lol.
Well that's a switch. Usually if anything is solid black they say it's a Lab.

Members online

No members online now.