5 great dogs

i have 5 english springers, just had a litter of puppys,i beleive in selective breeding,i use the same male which i own, and my girls, not only when i think they are ready,i do not over breed nor do i sell my puppys to just anyone.i have had great success with the new owners who contact me and send me pictures of their puppys as they grow up.one owner of one of my puppys just had a litter of 8, 4 of which were tri colored. my male is tri and i have never had a tri puppy, does anyone know if they skip a generation. i would love to get just one tri. any info anyone has about that would be great. thanks bonnie ps i have a picture listed of the mother and puppys if you would like to view.oh not only do i breed but my dogs are all house dogs.have to vacumm alot,but thats ok they are worth it.

Just Got A Note From One Of The Previos Buyers Of My Puppys.he Is Going To Email Me Picture. I Will Post It When I Get It.i Am Going To Post The Picture Of The Father So Please Be Sure To Look. He Is A Beauty.bonnie

the puppies started eating this week,they are growing so fast. they play and bark now. i am really going to miss them when they leave.bonnie

M

Manchesters

What health tests do Springers need to have done? Do they have heart or hip problems? I know they should be CERF tested...I think.

I didn't realize the colors allowed. Usually you only see the liver/white or black/white in the ring. I love tri-colors in any breed!

EliNHunter

Hi, Manchesters!! {waves} I have a co-worker that just got an Aussie and it was tri-colored. Haven't seen many tri's with them, either. Beautiful!

tri springers

tri colored springers are kind of rare. 1 puppy i sold just had a litter and 4 were tri, i have never gotten a tri in my litters even though i own a tri male. does anyone know does it follow 2nd generation.i have been trying to down load a picture of my tri ,fred. but thay have not gone through. dont know why.i have had a whole lot of luck with my litters, they are very heathy and hips,eyes are very good. no ear problems either.my dogs are all certified.

Last edited:

bubbatd

Sounds like you're going about it the right way. I don't know anything about the genetics e.g. the tris.

sir fredrick of beechwood is a beauty. he is very dominate(alpha)he keeps the girls in line.keeping them apart when they are in heat is a real treat since all are in the house. i have turned to diapers which help but are a pain in the neck to take off and put back on when they need to go out.but worth it when i dont want them to breed. i did have 1 accident though,but the puppies were beauties and sold quickly. last week i got emails from a stupid guy who claimed he was a doctor but couldnt spell or write well who wanted to buy a puppy for a client ,but called it an item, wanted to send me money and have me ship the item to him. i refused.i will not ship them or sell them to anyone that i have not meant. i may sound fussy but i dont trust people that call them an item. i am careful about who gets the puppies,i need to know they are loved and getting a good home.so whats you thoughts on this.

all the puppies are sold now,they had their final vet check up and first shots,2 left for their new homes that night, 1 is going home this evening .another this week end, 1 left to go home,she will probably cry alnight because of being alone, but that will be a benifit to the new owner as the lonelyness she will have i will put up with.i amagine i will sit up all that night and hold her. her new owner cant take her till the 23 as he got layed off from work, but he still wants her,he works with me at alcan tube company. very nice family as they all are. cant wait to see them when they grow up,i always ask the new families to send me a picture of thier new child when she turns a yr old. most do.i have a great album of all my puppies that i really enjoy looking at.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
A couple of clients have some tri-coloreds and I think they are the downright prettiest! I love that coloration much more than the normal liver/white. I'm still trying to find the album you mentioned earlier... :)

panzer426

Your dogs (dog and her pups) are gorgeous. keep the pictures coming.
I know someone, a friend of my wifes family, who has a tri colored australian shepherd. It is mostly black with normal white aussie markings and tan patches. I had never seen one before, to add to my confusion it still has its tail. I thought it was a border collie mix (taller and bulkier, bigger head) and he said "nope, pure bred australian shepherd."

M

Manchesters

I too love tri-colors. One of the most beautiful breeds (to my eye) is the Bernese Mountain Dog.

Basenjis also come in tri, but often the genes that produce tri also produce less than desirable traits......such as fine boned with the Basenjis. And crummy coats and coat texture, etc. That is why there are not that many Tri Springers or Basenjis. The responsible breeders avoid the color because of the other problems associated with it.

Luckily the Bernies don't have any such problems!!

i have never had a problem with any of my dogs or puppies with ears,bone. or eyes but i just sold one that had a hernia,the new owner was with me at the vets and was given the opition of a full refund. which she did not want, she bought 2 of my pups ,1 liver/white the other black/white. she agreed to have the female with the hernia spade.i give all my pups a health garentee and a check up before they leave me for their new home. then i notify the new owner of the results. i am 100% up front with everyone.i also have a list of people that want pups from a future litter which wont be till spring with my other female .i do not breed the same female each heat.over breeding leads to problems.

for some reason,unknown tris are very expensive, maybe because they are hard to come by. in the shows you do not see them. time will tell, maybe in the future. i paid alot for fred because he is a tri, and have had a lot of calls for tri puppies. but have never had any. even though fred is tri. i ask before if anyone knew if it follows every other generation. does anyone know.and my sweet fred is worth every penny i paid for him.

Members online

No members online now.